Israel J. Jacobowitz, MD, is a cardiothoracic surgeon at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. He received his medical degree in 1973 at the University at Buffalo. He trained at NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr. Jacobowitz is board certified by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery and is a member of the American Association for Thoracic Surgery, the American College of Surgeons, the American College of Cardiology, the New York Society For Thoracic Surgery, and the Association for Academic Surgery.
Education and Training
University at Buffalo
University At Buffalo SUNY School Of Med and Biomedical Sciences Buffalo Ny 1973
American Board of Thoracic Surgery
Thoracic SurgeryAmerican Board of Thoracic SurgeryABTS
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional & National Public Speaking -
- Nyu Hospitals Center, Thoracic Surgery; Nyu Hospitals Center, General Surgery
- NYU Langone Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association for Thoracic Surgery, American College of Surgeons, American College of Cardiology, New York Society For Thoracic Surgery, Association for Academic Surgery
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- His commitment to patient outcome and desire to be at the forefront of his field, as well as encompassing new technical advances.
Hobbies / Sports
- Golfing, Tennis, Skiing
Dr. Israel J. Jacobowitz MD's Practice location
Brooklyn, New York 11219Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Israel J. Jacobowitz MD | Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Israel J. Jacobowitz MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jacobowitz
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- Dr. Ricardo Bello MD, PHD1575 Blondelle Avenue Bronx New York 10461
- Dr. Stewart Fox M.D.444 Merrick Road Lynbrook New York 11563
- Paul J.P. Bolanowski105 Denman Road Cramford New Jersey 7016
- Dr. Khaled F. Salhab MD259 1st St Mineola New York 11501
- Dr. Lateef Olakunle Giwa MD234-36 Merrick Blvd. Rosedale NY 11422
- Dr. Lev Mark Khitin MD8607 21st Ave Brooklyn NY 11214