Rupa K. Sharma M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology232 E 30h St New York New York, 10016
Initiated Gastroenterology in 2016
Education and Training
MD at the University of Toledo College of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Gastrointestinal Disease
- University of Illinois
- University of Illinois
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, American College of Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
Family support and a good work ethic.
Areas of research
Fatty Liver Disease
Small Bowel Overgrowth
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Hobbies / Sports
- Cooking, Writing
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
Rupa K. Sharma M.D.'s Practice location
- What Does the Gallbladder Do?
What is a gallbladder?The gallbladder is a hollow and pear-shaped structure situated under the liver and on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to store and concentrate bile, which is a yellow-brown colored digestive enzyme produced by the liver. The gallbladder belongs to the...
- The Real, Everyday Differences Between Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s
If you are experiencing chronic gastrointestinal issues, you may have ulcerative colitis (UC) or Crohn’s disease. Both are two of the most common types of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), affecting more than 1.6 million Americans. ...
- What Kind of Dietary Fiber Do We Need?
Fiber or roughage is the indigestible part of our food that plays an important part in health. Dietary fiber is found naturally in the plant parts that we eat. They are not digested but just pass through our system, absorb water, and aid in bowel movement. We all have heard that fiber is important,...
- What Causes Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is the frequent flow of loose, watery stool through the intestines causing muscle contraction and abdominal pain. Stool follows its path through the anus and gets watery when the digestive system consumes too much fluid or gets infected with viruses, bacteria, or parasites. A loose stool...
- Living in the Spotlight with Crohn's Disease
Natalie Hayden is 34, and a former TV news anchor. When she was diagnosed with Crohn's disease, and it changed her life. She endured multiple hospitalizations, was taking too many medications to count, and had seemingly constant flare ups. In 2015, she went in for her first surgery.Throughout her...
- What Is Autoimmune Hepatitis?
Autoimmune hepatitis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the liver, and when the immune system of our body turns against our liver cells, autoimmune hepatitis occurs. The immune system normally protects the human body from external viruses, bacteria, or infection, which can cause serious...
- Dr. Daniel Megna MD360 Edison Street Staten Island New York 10306
- Dr. Jerome H. Siegel MD60 East End Avenue New York NY 10028
- Dr. George Abdelsayed MD355 Bard Street Staten Island NY 10310
- Dr. Hormoz Mohtashemi MD516 HAMBURG TPKE WAYNE NJ 07470
- Dr. Democleia Panagou Gottesman MD NY 11235
- Anaka Prakash534 Avenue East Bayonne New Jersey 07002