Dr. Roger Moccia is a vascular surgeon practicing in Spartanburg, SC. Dr. Moccia specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Moccia diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
St Georges University School of Medicine
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Group-level factors associated with chemotherapeutic treatment regimens in land-based trout farms in Ontario, Canada.
- Growth hormone secretion from the Arctic charr (Salvelinus alpinus) pituitary gland in vitro: effects of somatostatin-14, insulin-like growth factor-I, and nutritional status.
- Advances in the cryopreservation of salmonid semen and suitability for a production-scale artificial fertilization program.
- Relationship between the fertilization of rainbow trout (Salmo gairdneri) eggs and the motility of spermatozoa.
- The efficacy of clove oil as an anesthetic for the zebrafish, Danio rerio (Hamilton).
- A quantitative assessment of thyroid histopathology of herring gulls (Larus argentatus) from the Great Lakes and a hypothesis on the causal role of environmental contaminants.
- Polycystic kidney disease in goldfish (Carassius auratus) from Hamilton Harbour, Lake Ontario, Canada.
- An epizootic of diffuse glomerulonephritis in white perch (Roccus americanus) from a heavily polluted industrial basin in Lake Ontario.
- The quantitative clearance of bacteria from the bloodstream of rainbow trout (Salmo gairdneri).
- Quantitative interlake comparison of thyroid pathology in Great Lakes coho (Oncorhynchus kisutch) and chinook (Oncorhynchus tschawytscha) salmon.
- Disseminated hexamitiasis in Siamese fighting fish.
- Management of adenocarcinoma of the body and tail of the pancreas.
- Increasing frequency of thyroid goiters in Coho salmon (Oncorhynchus kisutch) in the Great Lakes.
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Lecturing -
- Albany, New York
- Albany, New York
- Vascular Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Society for Vascular Surgery, Florida Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- His love and passion for the field, and desire to help his patients.
- Holmes Regional Medical Center
Roger Donald Moccia MD's Practice location
Spartanburg, SC 29303Get Direction
Greenville, SC 29601Get Direction
Melbourne, Florida 32901Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Roger Donald Moccia MD | Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Roger Donald Moccia MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Moccia
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Dr. Scott Marion Hovis MD225 E Wood St Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. Sylvia S Tarazi M.D.385 Serpentine Dr Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. Heesuk Richard Yoon M.D.101 E Wood St Spartanburg SC 29303
- Mark R Jackson MD101 E Wood St Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. William Cuyler Calton MD225 E Wood St Spartanburg SC 29303
- Dr. Mark Preston Androes MD1690 Skylyn Dr Spartanburg SC 29307