Woojin Cho, MD, PhD, joined the faculty of Montefiore in 2013 specializing in adult cervical spine and thoraco-lumbar spine deformity and degenerative conditions with expertise in the treatment of all types of spine conditions. He is the Chief of Orthopaedic Spine Surgery at Montefiore and an Assistant Professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He earned his medical degree at Hanyang University Medical School in South Korea, completed his orthopaedic internship and residency at Hanyang University Hospital, and became a Korean Orthopaedic Board-certified surgeon. Following his residency, he completed 3-years of spine clinical fellowship and earned a PhD degree at Hanyang University College of Medicine. Dr. Cho has extensive clinical training experience in the United States, which includes a research fellowship at Twin Cities Spine Center in Minneapolis, a clinical research fellowship at Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis, and spine fellowships at University Virginia Health System and the Hospital for Special Surgery respectively. Dr. Cho is a board-eligible (ABOS) orthopaedic surgeon, a member of the Scoliosis Research Society, the North American Spine Society, AO Spine North America, the Korean American Spine Society, the Korean Society of Spine Surgery, the Korean Spine Arthroplasty Society, the Pacific and Asian Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, the Korean Orthopaedic Association, and the Korean Medical Association. In addition to having written numerous articles related to spine research in peer-reviewed publications, Dr. Cho has been a guest speaker at prestigious international meetings and, to date, has made more than 170 presentations.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery Albert Einstein College of Medicine - 2017
- Chief, Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Montefiore Medical Center - 2017
- Research director, Multidisciplinary Spine Group Montefiore Medical Center - 2017
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- The International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS)
- Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- AO SPINE North America
- Korean American Spine Society
- Korean Society of Spine Surgery
- Korean Spine Arthroplasty Society
- Pacific and Asian Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Korean Orthopedic Association
- Korean Medical Association
- Adult thoracolumbar spinal deformity and degenerative conditions
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), North American Spine Society (NASS), AO SPINE North America, Korean American Spine Society, Korean Society of Spine Surgery, Korean Spine Arthroplasty Society, Pacific and Asian Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Korean Orthopedic Association, Korean Medical Association
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Articles and Publications
- Published 70 Publications
- Published 180 Presentations Internationally
What do you attribute your success to?
Areas of research
Spine biomechanics, robotic surgery, and clinical research focusing on spinal deformity as well as degenerative condition
Favorite professional publications
- SPINE, The Spine Journal, Spine Deformity, Global Spine Journal, Clinical Spine Journal, Asian Spine Journal, JAAOS, JBJS, JNS
Woojin Cho's Practice location
, 10530Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Woojin Cho | Orthopedist | Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Woojin Cho's reviewsWrite Review
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Misconceptions: Debunked
What is rheumatoid arthritis (RA)?Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, wherein the immune system mistakenly attacks the joints leading to stiffness, pain, and inflammation. Gradually, RA can lead to physical deformities. Rheumatoid arthritis is known to affect around 2 million Americans....
- Is Your Child at Risk of Osgood-Schlatter Disease?
Our body is a machine and any wear and tear occurring in any of the parts of the body can impair overall body functioning. One of the common types of pain felt by a number of people is pain associated with the knees. There are various forms and causes that could be related to knee pains, one of them...
- What Is Whiplash? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
When people suffer from a whiplash, they experience severe pain in the lower neck region, which can spread over their shoulders, arms, and head. They can also suffer from headaches, numbness, and a painful stiff neck. The pain gets accelerated faster in the area around the neck, which needs to be...
- Reasons for Knee Replacement Surgery
Knee replacement surgery is a surgical procedure that involves the removal of parts of your natural knee joint and replacing them with artificial parts known as prostheses. Knee replacement is a very common procedure used to repair your knee joint.Many conditions can make your doctor decide to...
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz M.D.130 E 67th St New York NY 10065
- Dr. Arup Kumar Bhadra MRCS, MD327 Route 59 Monsey NY 10952
- Dr. Oscar Vazquez M.D.25 Prospect Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Brian J Bauer MD222 Cedar Lane Teaneck NJ 07666
- Dr. Deepan N. Patel MD85 Harristown Road Glen Rock NJ 07452
- Dr. Michael J. Katz MD146-53 Delaware Avenue Flushing New York 11355