Woojin Cho, MD, PhD, joined the faculty of Montefiore in 2013 specializing in adult cervical spine and thoraco-lumbar spine deformity and degenerative conditions with expertise in the treatment of all types of spine conditions. He is the Chief of Orthopaedic Spine Surgery at Montefiore and an Assistant Professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. He earned his medical degree at Hanyang University Medical School in South Korea, completed his orthopaedic internship and residency at Hanyang University Hospital, and became a Korean Orthopaedic Board-certified surgeon. Following his residency, he completed 3-years of spine clinical fellowship and earned a PhD degree at Hanyang University College of Medicine. Dr. Cho has extensive clinical training experience in the United States, which includes a research fellowship at Twin Cities Spine Center in Minneapolis, a clinical research fellowship at Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis, and spine fellowships at University Virginia Health System and the Hospital for Special Surgery respectively. Dr. Cho is a board-eligible (ABOS) orthopaedic surgeon, a member of the Scoliosis Research Society, the North American Spine Society, AO Spine North America, the Korean American Spine Society, the Korean Society of Spine Surgery, the Korean Spine Arthroplasty Society, the Pacific and Asian Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, the Korean Orthopaedic Association, and the Korean Medical Association. In addition to having written numerous articles related to spine research in peer-reviewed publications, Dr. Cho has been a guest speaker at prestigious international meetings and, to date, has made more than 170 presentations.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery Albert Einstein College of Medicine - 2017
- Chief, Orthopaedic Spine Surgery Montefiore Medical Center - 2017
- Research director, Multidisciplinary Spine Group Montefiore Medical Center - 2017
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- The International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS)
- Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- AO SPINE North America
- Korean American Spine Society
- Korean Society of Spine Surgery
- Korean Spine Arthroplasty Society
- Pacific and Asian Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Korean Orthopedic Association
- Korean Medical Association
- Adult thoracolumbar spinal deformity and degenerative conditions
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), Scoliosis Research Society (SRS), North American Spine Society (NASS), AO SPINE North America, Korean American Spine Society, Korean Society of Spine Surgery, Korean Spine Arthroplasty Society, Pacific and Asian Society of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery, Korean Orthopedic Association, Korean Medical Association
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Articles and Publications
- Published 70 Publications
- Published 180 Presentations Internationally
What do you attribute your success to?
Areas of research
Spine biomechanics, robotic surgery, and clinical research focusing on spinal deformity as well as degenerative condition
Favorite professional publications
- SPINE, The Spine Journal, Spine Deformity, Global Spine Journal, Clinical Spine Journal, Asian Spine Journal, JAAOS, JBJS, JNS
Woojin Cho's Practice location
, 10530Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Woojin Cho | Orthopedist | Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Woojin Cho's reviewsWrite Review
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- How Can I Manage Tendinitis?
How Can I Manage Tendinitis?Tendinitis, the inflammation of the tendon, can cause acute pain and tenderness just outside the affected joints. It commonly affects shoulders, elbows, wrists, and heels. The affected region may have stiffness that restricts movement. It is also characterized by mild...
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- What Are the Risks of Carpal Tunnel Surgery?
Carpal tunnel surgery is a procedure done to treat carpal tunnel syndrome. The surgical procedure involves the severing of a ligament referred to as the transverse carpal ligament so that the pressure it was exerting on the median nerve gets released.The pressure exerted on the median nerve causes...
- Holistic Treatments for Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful, progressive disease that affects the joints of an individual. There are many treatments available for arthritis. Each and every one of them works differently, depending on the stage of arthritis at which they are implemented. As we already know, if not treated, arthritis can...
- Dr. Firas Chamas MD PHD159 E 74th St New York NY 10021
- Dr. Leon E. Popovitz M.D.130 E 67th St New York NY 10065
- Dr. Arup Kumar Bhadra MRCS, MD327 Route 59 Monsey NY 10952
- Dr. Oscar Vazquez M.D.25 Prospect Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Brian J Bauer MD222 Cedar Lane Teaneck NJ 07666
- Dr. Deepan N. Patel MD85 Harristown Road Glen Rock NJ 07452