Dr. Fernando Raul Salvato M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry1321 NW 14th St Suite 401-C Miami Florida, 33125
Fernando Raul Salvato, MD, is a psychiatrist with a private practice in Miami, Florida. He is also affiliated with The University of Miami Hospital and specializes in substance abuse, addictions, and general psychiatry. Dr. Salvato received his medical degree in 1984 at the University of Buenos Aires Faculty of Medicine, served his residency in psychiatry at Jackson Memorial Hospital, and is fellowship trained in Psychoneuroimmunology at the University of Miami. He is also a professional member of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Medical Association.
Education and Training
Univ De Buenos Aires- Fac De Med- Buenos Aires- Argentina 1984
Universidad de Buenos Aires Facultad de Medicina 1984
Hofstra North Shore - LIJ School of Medicine
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychoneuroimmunology at the University of Miami
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- Published Several Articles and Research on Alcoholism and Addictions
What do you attribute your success to?
- His dedication and passion for the profession.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time, Playing Tennis
Favorite professional publications
- Psychiatry Today
Dr. Fernando Raul Salvato M.D.'s Practice location
Miami, Florida 33125Get Direction
MIAMI, FL 33175Get Direction
Dr. Fernando Raul Salvato M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Salvato
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- ADHD: How it Impacts the Family
Any negative medical condition suffered by one family member usually carries over to the rest of the family. How an ADHD diagnosis can affect the whole familyOnce a child, teenager, or even an adult, is diagnosed with ADHD, the impact of the diagnosis will be felt by the entire family. Furthermore,...
- Meditate to Concentrate: The Science Behind Meditation
The science behind meditationPeople who meditate use their brain in such a way that it helps them avoid distraction and concentrate on the their task, says a new study. People who meditate regularly have less activity in that part of the brain associated with distractions and day dreaming....
- What Is Antisocial Personality Disorder?
Antisocial Personality DisorderAntisocial personality disorder, also called sociopathy, is a type of personality disorder that is characterized by irresponsible, criminal, and impulsive behavior. A person with antisocial personality disorder is often reckless, dishonest, and manipulative with no...
- Signs of Depression
Typically, you may encounter feelings of sadness and these feelings normally subside over time so your normal routine can ensue. However, in some circumstances these feelings of frustration and sadness persist longer than expected, and it may affect the activities of your everyday life.The mental...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Dr. Mariela Teresa Padro M.D.7600 S Red Rd, Suite 225 South Miami FL 33143
- Dr. Carlos Satulovsky MD3800 South Ocean Drive Hollywood FL 33019
- Dr. Antonia E. Ruaix MD330 SW 27 AVE MIAMI FL 33135
- Dr. Ignacio Bobes M.D. Key Biscayne Florida 33149
- Ivgenija J. Fastovsky19111 Collins Avenue Sunny Isles Beach Florida 33160
- Dr. Francisco Ricart MD747 Ponce de Leon Blvd. Coral Gables Florida 33134