Dawn E. Huggins-Jones, MD, FACOG, is a Gynecologist and Women's Health Care Provider with Family Medical Practitioners in Virginia Beach, Virginia. She received her medical degree at Hahnemann University, now Drexel University, in 1981. She trained at Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Franklin Hospital, and St. Vincent's Medical Center. Dr. Huggins-Jones is board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and is a Fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine 1981
HAHNEMANN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINE 1981
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Long Island Jewish Med Center
- St Vincent Charity Medical Center/Case Western Reserve University Program
- Franklin Hospital, St. Vincent's Medical Center
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
What do you attribute your success to?
- Loving what she does and loving to help her patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Dancing, Zumba
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association, Green Journal
Dr. Dawn E. Huggins-Jones MD's Practice location
Virginia Beach, VA 23455Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Dawn E. Huggins-Jones MD | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Dawn E. Huggins-Jones MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Huggins-Jones
- How Can Multiple Myeloma Affect My Bones?
What is Multiple Myeloma?Multiple myeloma is a blood cancer that is also known as hematologic cancer. It is characterized by the uncontrollable multiplication of a certain population of plasma cells (also known as malignant plasma cells, or myeloma cells). Plenty of similar antibodies, known as...
- Anemia: Learning More About The Unfortunates
Anemia is a medical condition in which the count of red blood cells in the blood is lower than the normal number. This can occur due to many reasons such as deficiency of some vitamin, iron or it can also be hereditary. It is one of the most common disorders of blood and there are reports suggesting...
- Everything You Need to Know About C-Sections
What is a C-section?Cesarean delivery, commonly known as C-section is a surgical procedure used to deliver a baby by making an incision in the abdomen and uterus of the mother.A C-section may be planned ahead of time or if you’ve had C-section before. Women who consider not having vaginal birth...
- How Is Genital Herpes Transmitted?
Genital herpes is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases. It is associated with blisters or sores on the genitals. People with genital herpes may also experience flu-like symptoms. Most people with genital herpes may not experience any symptoms and may go on living normally without...
- What Is a Mucus Plug?
What is a mucus plug?A mucus plug is a thick mucus that seals the cervical canal. It is also known as the cervical mucus plug. The cervix produces a jelly-like substance to keep the area protected and moist during pregnancy. This substance builds up, which creates a plug of mucus. It serves as a...
- Ovarian Cancer Is Not Only Deadly, But Very Hard to Detect. Women Need to Stay Vigilant
September is known as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. Ovarian cancer is a type of cancer of the cells of the ovaries. It can occur in several different parts of the ovary, including the germ, stromal or epithelial cells. Germ cells are the cells that become eggs, stromal cells make up the substance...
- Dr. Candice Geary M.D.612 KINGSBOROUGH SQ CHESAPEAKE VA 23320
- Dr. Allyson Hilliard MD358 Mowbray Arch Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Jay Allard M.D.620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. Katherine Leigh Hilsinger M.D.2865 Lynnhaven Drive Virginia Beach Virginia 23451
- Dr. Arthur J Greenwood M.D.3000 Coliseum Dr. Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Negar Nikki Sadr M.D.844 KEMPSVILLE RD NORFOLK VA 23502