L. Read Sulik, MD, FAAP, DFAACAP, is a board-certified Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist maintaining a position as Chief Integration Officer at PrairieCare in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Dr. Sulik joined PrairieCare as Chief Integration Officer to lead the development and operations of the Integrated Health and Wellness Clinics in primary care and specialty care clinics and employer onsite clinics, providing Enhanced Care Meeting Mental Health and Wellness Needs. He is also the Executive Director of the newly opened PrairieCare Institute for Care Delivery Innovation, Education, Training, and Research in Minneapolis. Prior to joining PrairieCare he provided leadership as Enterprise Senior Vice President of Behavioral Health Services at Sanford Health. He is a popular and sought after teacher and speaker, lecturing extensively to diverse audiences on a wide variety of topics including children??s mental health, integrating behavioral health and primary care, and on leadership. A recipient of numerous regional and national awards for his work; he has most recently received the AACAP Simon Wile Leadership in Consultation Award and was recognized as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Minnesota Health Care Leaders of 2016. He has consulted widely to hospitals, health systems, care facilities, professional associations, health plans, employers and state government agencies on care delivery models and strategic planning for care delivery transformation. Dr. Sulik obtained his Medical Degree from the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis, Minnesota and completed the Triple Board Residency in Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the University of Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky. He is a Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Minnesota Medical School in the Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Sulik is a professional member of the American Psychiatric Association, the American Academy for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American College of Physician Executives. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Distinguished Fellow of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Triple Board Program in Pediatrics, Psychiatry, and Child Psychiatry at the University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington, KY
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Academy for Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Physician Executives
Articles and Publications
- Foy JM, Perrin JM and AAP Task Force on Mental Health (member). Introduction. Pediatrics. 2010;125(suppl 3):S69-S74
- Foy JM, Perrin JM and AAP Task Force on Mental Health (member). Enhancing pediatric mental health care: strategies for preparing a community. Pediatrics. 2010;125(Suppl 3):S75-S86
- Foy JM, Kelleher KJ, Laraque D, and AAP Task Force on Mental Health (member) Enhancing pediatric mental health care: strategies for preparing a practice. Pediatrics. 2010;125(suppl 3):S87-S108
- Foy JM and AAP Task Force on Mental Health (member). Enhancing pediatric mental health care: algorithms for primary care. Pediatrics. 2010;125(suppl 3):S109-S125
Hobbies / Sports
- Russian Kettlebell Certified Instructor
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
L. Read Sulik's Practice location
Request An Appointment With L. Read Sulik | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
L. Read Sulik's reviewsWrite Review
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- Binge Eating Disorder: Get the Facts
Individuals suffering from binge eating disorder (B.E.D) often eat excessively. They are not able to control the intake of food when the binges kick in. People with this disorder are distinct from bulimia and anorexia victims in that the former don’t vomit, eat little quantities of particular...
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- Understanding Psychotherapy
Most of us usually become too overwhelmed when dealing with the issues affecting our lives. Cases of depression, anxiety, and mental disorders are very common today. Others struggle with weight-related issues, addiction, sexuality, relationships, and loss of jobs, among others. All these concerns...
- C 1 Round Pill
Round Pill C1This pill has a "C 1" imprint. It is also round and blue in color. It has been identified as clonazepam 1 mg. It is used to treat anxiety, panic disorder, benzodiazepine withdrawal, and borderline personality disorder. It belongs to the drug class benzodiazepine anticonvulsants and is...
- What Is Valproic Acid?
Generic Name: Valproic AcidBrand Name: Valproate Sodium, Depacon, Depakene, StavzorIntroductionValproic acid is an anticonvulsant that works by restoring or increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other types of seizure...
- Dr. Faruk Said Abuzzahab M.D., PHD3601 Park Center Blvd Minneapolis MN 55416
- Nancy Kermath Minnesota 55403
- Dr. Alex Uspensky MD5851 Duluth Street Golden Valley Minnesota 55422
- Lee H. Beecher6600 Excelsior Blvd. St. Louis Park Minnesota 55426
- Mirza S. Baig M.D.1200 N State St Los Angeles CA 90033
- Dr. Marie Casey Olseth M.D.1155 Ford Road Minneapolis MN 55426