Dr. Joel Richard Barkoff MD
Dermatologist4610 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM, 87109
Joel Richard Barkoff, MD, is an established dermatologist currently retired and living in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Nationally and Internationally Recognized Board Certified Dermatologist & DiVersions Medical Spa Owner, Joel Barkoff, MD, has been practicing medicine in New Mexico since 1960. Dr. Barkoffâ??s reputation as a leader in Cosmetic Dermatology is indisputable. He is one of the physicians who were involved early on in studies that defined and cleared the way for the first FDA approved use of, and globally recognized as safe, injectable dermal fillers known as Zyderm and Zyplast Collagen products. In addition to the compassionate patient care given to countless patients in our community, he brings a brilliant diagnostic talent for screening and recognizing skin cancers and other diseases which affect or present symptomatically in the skin. Dr. Barkoffâ??s dermatology expertise includes specialty training in MOHs Surgery for cancer, Laser Procedures, and Cosmetic Surgery. He is recognized by, and a member of, five Medical Boards. He is a member of thirty-four medical societies and organizations, and holds office in seventeen. Dr. Barkoff has participated in thirty-three research studies while actively publishing, lecturing, and holding numerous peer and patient seminars in the years since 1959. Dr. Barkoff brings to DiVersions Medical Spa assets that few physicians will ever attain. He serves on the medical boards of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American College of Physicians, the American Board of Dermatology and Syphilology, the American Board of Pathology-Dermatopathology, and the Royal Society of Medicine. Dr. Barkoff received his medical degree at Wayne State University and is also a member of the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society.
Education and Training
Wayne State Univ Sch of Med, Detroit Mi 1956
Wayne State University School of Medicine 1956
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- Dermatopathology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Latex slide fixation test in dermatology.
- The p-toluene sulfonic acid test for systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Treatment of dermatoses with intravenously given methylprednisolone sodium succinate.
- Mometasone furoate lotion once daily versus triamcinolone acetonide lotion twice daily in psoriasis.
- Betamethasone aerosols for topical application.
- Topical gentamicin sulfate in dermatologic practice.
- Urticaria secondary to a copper intrauterine device.
- University of Michigan
Professional Society Memberships
- Noah Worcester Dermatological Society
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
Dr. Joel Richard Barkoff MD's Practice location
Albuquerque, NM 87109Get Direction
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87110Get Direction
- Basics for Glowing Skin
Many of us become overwhelmed at the thought of the skincare routine necessary for glowing skin, including exfoliation, hydration, moisturization, and cleansing. But there are some simple steps that can help you protect and pamper your skin within minutes.Wash your skin every dayCleaning the skin...
- How Can I Manage my Cellulite?
Cellulite is a skin condition in which the underlying fat deposits give a lumpy and dimpled appearance. It is more commonly seen in the thighs, buttocks, and abdomen. Appearance of cellulite usually starts after puberty. It is also known as cottage cheese skin, or orange peel syndrome. Women are...
- What Are Comedones?
What are Comedones?Comedones refer to skin bumps, which are a result of clogged pores. A single bump or lesion is called a comedo. Skin pores can be fully or partially blocked and often lead to the formation of whiteheads and blackheads. Mild acne involves the presence of whiteheads and blackheads,...
- Tips for People With Sensitive Skin
If skin care products cause irritations like itching, swelling and redness, your skin is sensitive. “As such, there is not a definition for sensitive skin”, says Rachel Herschenfeld, MD, FAAD, a dermatologist in Wellesley. All dermatologists can determine if the skin is sensitive. According to...
- Is Candidiasis of the Skin Contagious?
What is candidiasis of the skin?There are various types of bacteria and fungi that thrive on the skin. Strangely, these bacteria and fungi are a part of the natural environment and many of them help the body carry out normal functions. However, some of these bacteria and fungi can negatively react...
- Natural Remedies for Butt Acne
There are several things more humiliating than pimples on your buttocks, especially when mild-year hits and swim suits get introduced. Stop taking cover behind shoreline concealments and start discovering the solutions for your buttock acne troubles. Try the remedies sketched out below to see what...
- Dr. Heidi Elizabeth Fleischmann MD7520 Montgomery Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Karel Jill Ortiz M.D.4610 Jefferson Ln Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Kenneth Eugene Harper M.D.7520 Montgomery Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87109
- Dr. Amanda Coker Harper MD7520 MONTGOMERY BLVD NE BLDG D4 ALBUQUERQUE NM 87109
- Dr. Willliam F Willis M.D.7520 Montgomery Blvd Ne Albuquerque NM 87109