Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.
Plastic Surgeon999 Franklin Ave Garden City NY, 11530
Dr. Anke Ott Young is an ocoplastic surgeon practicing in Garden City, NY and in Trumbull, CT. Dr. Ott Young specializes in oncoplastic breast reconstruction and closures.
Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
• Received her Doctorate at the Institute of Forensic Psychiatry from Universitaet des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany Ph.D, Magna Cum Laude Ph.D 1991
• Received her M.D. from Medizinische Fakultaet Universitaet des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany MD 1990
Fifth Pathway / A Foreign Medical School 1992
- american board of surgery
- german society for otorhinolaryngology
- german medical association
- american society of breast surgeons
- Minimal Invasive Breast Reconstruction
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Breast Surgeons
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
hard work and a good sense of humor
Areas of research
Breast Reconstruction and Quality of Life
Norma Pfriem Breast Center
Doctors Without Borders
Teaching and speaking
teaching daily - fellows, residents and students
speaking every few months
Hobbies / Sports
- Dressage and Horse Breeding and Training
Favorite professional publications
- Well Being Journal,
Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.'s Practice location
Garden City, NY 11530Get Direction
Trumbull, CT 06611Get Direction
Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ott Young
Was suffering from poor posture and uncomfortable breasts for years After a short and uncomplicated revision surgery I am good as new and free of annoying pain and changes in posture.
Get to know Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Anke Ott Young, who serves the population of New Canaan, Connecticut. Dr. Young is a highly trained and qualified surgeon with an extensive expertise in all facets of her work. Dr. Anke Ott Young has been in practice for more than two decades and is currently serving patients within her own private practice in New Canaan, Connecticut. Dr. Anke Ott Young graduated with her Medical Degree in 1989 from the Faculty of Medicine of Saarland University in Germany, and her PhD in Forensic Psychiatry from the University of Hamburg. Upon relocating to the United States, she completed an internship and residency at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center. She then completed an additional residency at Nassau County Medical Center, before undertaking her fellowship training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Young is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and she is renowned internationally as an expert in plastic and reconstructive surgery. She keeps up to date with the latest advances and developments in her field by maintaining a professional membership with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. Plastic surgery is intended to correct dysfunctional areas of the body and is reconstructive in nature.
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
- The Mommy Makeover
What is it?A mommy makeover also known as post pregnancy surgery is a surgical procedure carried out mainly in the abdomen and breasts in females to restore their appearance to the one before pregnancy. A traditional mommy makeover procedure includes a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, lift or...
- Considering Blephoplasty...Here's What You Need to Know
Blepharoplasty also known as eye lid surgery is a surgical procedure carried out in patients to enhance the appearance of eye lids. It can be performed in the upper eye lid, the lower eye lid or both.Why is blepharoplasty done?Blepharoplasty is done for people who need to enhance the appearance of...
- How Effective is Laser Hair Removal?
Unwanted hair is a common cause of distress for both men and women. Many options are available for removing hair, including waxing, shaving, and tweezing. Laser hair removal is a popular cosmetic procedure in which a concentrated beam of light is focused onto the hair follicles and ultimately...
- Turn Back the Clock in a 30 Minute Visit With a Liquid Facelift
What is a liquid face lift?As we age our face begins to form wrinkles and folds as a result of loss of collagen and elastin. A liquid face lift is used to fill up this space in the dermis using various dermal fillers to lift and contour the facial features. A liquid face lift is a non-surgical...
- Thinking About Getting a Nose Job? Here is What You Need to Know
What is it? Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure done to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. This is a cosmetic surgery done for people who are unhappy with the way their nose looks, or to correct certain deformities which resulted from injuries to their nose...
- Dr. Harrison Lee MD, DMD, FACS620 Park Avenue New York NY 10065
- Robert Tornambe815 Park Ave. New York NY 10021
- Alan Kisner100 E Main St Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Lloyd Gayle M.D.1150 PARK AVENUE NEW YORK NY 10128
- Dr. Joseph M. Pober Other975 Park Ave New York New York 10028
- Dr. Elie Levine M.D.35A E 84th St New York NY 10028