Dr. Anke Ott Young is an ocoplastic surgeon practicing in Garden City, NY and in Trumbull, CT. Dr. Ott Young specializes in oncoplastic breast reconstruction and closures.
Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
• Received her Doctorate at the Institute of Forensic Psychiatry from Universitaet des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany Ph.D, Magna Cum Laude Ph.D 1991
• Received her M.D. from Medizinische Fakultaet Universitaet des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany MD 1990
Fifth Pathway / A Foreign Medical School 1992
- american board of surgery
- german society for otorhinolaryngology
- german medical association
- american society of breast surgeons
- Minimal Invasive Breast Reconstruction
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Breast Surgeons
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
hard work and a good sense of humor
Areas of research
Breast Reconstruction and Quality of Life
Norma Pfriem Breast Center
Doctors Without Borders
Teaching and speaking
teaching daily - fellows, residents and students
speaking every few months
Hobbies / Sports
- Dressage and Horse Breeding and Training
Favorite professional publications
- Well Being Journal,
Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.'s Practice location
Garden City, NY 11530Get Direction
Trumbull, CT 06611Get Direction
Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ott Young
Was suffering from poor posture and uncomfortable breasts for years After a short and uncomplicated revision surgery I am good as new and free of annoying pain and changes in posture.
Get to know Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Anke Ott Young, who serves the population of New Canaan, Connecticut. Dr. Young is a highly trained and qualified surgeon with an extensive expertise in all facets of her work. Dr. Anke Ott Young has been in practice for more than two decades and is currently serving patients within her own private practice in New Canaan, Connecticut. Dr. Anke Ott Young graduated with her Medical Degree in 1989 from the Faculty of Medicine of Saarland University in Germany, and her PhD in Forensic Psychiatry from the University of Hamburg. Upon relocating to the United States, she completed an internship and residency at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center. She then completed an additional residency at Nassau County Medical Center, before undertaking her fellowship training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Young is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and she is renowned internationally as an expert in plastic and reconstructive surgery. She keeps up to date with the latest advances and developments in her field by maintaining a professional membership with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Breast Surgeons. Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. Plastic surgery is intended to correct dysfunctional areas of the body and is reconstructive in nature.
- What You Need to Know About Liposuction
What is it?Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery done to remove the excess fat in specific areas of the body. It is a common and well known surgery which had been done throughout the world for decades.This surgery can be done in both males and females. Liposuction removes excess fat over the thighs,...
- Gynecomastia- the Surgery for Man Boobs
What is Gynecomastia?If you are a male and if you have breast development, it is called as gynecomastia. This is a result of an imbalance in the hormones, estrogen and testosterone. Gynecomastia can affect either one or both breasts. Males going through puberty and elderly people can develop...
- What Are the Risks of Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)One of the most carried out cosmetic surgery today is blepharoplasty. Sometimes, it is also performed for medical reasons. If your field of vision is blocked due to a sagging eyelid skin, then you might need an eyelid surgery. The primary goal of the surgery is to...
- What Is Laser Blepharoplasty?
Some people refer to it as the eye lid lift. Blepharoplasty is a cosmetic surgery involving the removal or spreading of muscles, skin, or fats of creepy, drooling, or dark eyelids. In case both eyelids are affected, the procedures of the upper eyelid and the lower eyelid are separately undertaken....
- What Are the Different Types of Plastic Surgeries?
What is plastic surgery?Plastic surgery refers to a medical procedure performed to alter the structure of a human body. In most cases, plastic surgery is performed with the objective to improve a specific structure or functioning of the body.Plastic surgery mainly involves the reconstruction,...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Dr. Harrison Lee MD, DMD, FACS620 Park Avenue New York NY 10065
- Robert Tornambe815 Park Ave. New York NY 10021
- Dr. Lloyd Gayle M.D.1150 PARK AVENUE NEW YORK NY 10128
- Dr. Joseph M. Pober Other975 Park Ave New York New York 10028
- Dr. Elie Levine M.D.35A E 84th St New York NY 10028
- Dr. William B Rosenblatt MD308 E 79th St New York NY 10075