Dr. Anke Ott Young is an ocoplastic surgeon practicing in Garden City, NY and in Trumbull, CT. Dr. Ott Young specializes in oncoplastic breast reconstruction and closures.
Education and Training
• Received her Doctorate at the Institute of Forensic Psychiatry from Universitaet des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany Ph.D, Magna Cum Laude Ph.D 1991
• Received her M.D. from Medizinische Fakultaet Universitaet des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany MD 1990
Fifth Pathway / A Foreign Medical School 1992
- american board of surgery
- german society for otorhinolaryngology
- german medical association
- american society of breast surgeons
- Minimal Invasive Breast Reconstruction
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Breast Surgeons
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
hard work and a good sense of humor
Areas of research
Breast Reconstruction and Quality of Life
Norma Pfriem Breast Center
Doctors Without Borders
Teaching and speaking
teaching daily - fellows, residents and students
speaking every few months
Hobbies / Sports
- Dressage and Horse Breeding and Training
Favorite professional publications
- Well Being Journal,
- South Nassau Communities Hospital ( Oceanside, NY )
- Northwell Hospitals
- Winthrop-University Hospital ( Mineola, NY )
- Bridgeport Hospital ( Bridgeport, CT )
- Affinity Health Plan
- Block Vision
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Coventry Health Care
- Advantra Freedom (Medicare)
- Advantra Medicare Advantage HMO
- Advantra Medicare Advantage POS
- Advantra Medicare Advantage PPO
- Assurant Health
- Buena Vista (Florida Medicaid)
- CHCFL Emlployee OA CFL
- Carelink - CaroMont Medical Home
- Coventry EPO
- Coventry Flex
- Coventry HMO & Premier
- Coventry Integrated Network (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry POS & Premier Plus
- Coventry Preferred (PPO)
- Diamond Plan (Medicaid)
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Employer Group HMO/Open Access
- Employer Group Open Access POS
- Employer Group POS
- Employer Group PPO
- Employer Group QHDHMO
- FOCUS Network (Workers' Comp)
- Federal Employees HMO
- First Health Network (Workers' Comp)
- HMO Select Network
- Individual HMO/Open Access
- Individual PPO
- MetraComp Network (Workers' Comp)
- National Network PPO
- Prism Choice
- Spectrum 100
- WellPath (HMO or POS)
- Fidelis Care
- Care Improvement Plus
- Child Health Plus
- Choice Plus Direct
- CompreHealth EPO
- ConnectiCare Medicare Adv
- ConnectiCare PFFS
- ConnectiCare POS Medicare
- Family Health Plus
- GHI HMO
- GHI PFFS
- HIP Classic
- HIP HMO Direct
- HIP HMO Medicare Supplemental Plan
- HIP Medicaid
- HIP Prime EPO
- HIP Prime HMO
- HIP Prime POS
- HIP Prime PPO
- HIP Select EPO
- HIP Select PPO
- HIP VIP Medicare
- HIPaccess I
- HIPaccess II
- Healthy New York
- Healthy New York HMO
- Perfect Health
- Smart Start
- HealthFirst (NY-NJ)
- Humana Health
- Molina Healthcare
- Neighborhood Health Providers (NY)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Torrance Hospital IPA
Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.'s Practice location
Garden City, NY 11530 Get Direction
Trumbull, CT 06611 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D. | Plastic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Anke Ott Young M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ott Young
Was suffering from poor posture and uncomfortable breasts for years After a short and uncomplicated revision surgery I am good as new and free of annoying pain and changes in posture.
Get to know Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon Dr. Anke Ott Young, who serves the population of New Canaan, Connecticut.
Dr. Young is a highly trained and qualified surgeon with an extensive expertise in all facets of her work. Dr. Anke Ott Young has been in practice for more than two decades and is currently serving patients within her own private practice in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Dr. Anke Ott Young graduated with her Medical Degree in 1989 from the Faculty of Medicine of Saarland University in Germany, and her PhD in Forensic Psychiatry from the University of Hamburg. Upon relocating to the United States, she completed an internship and residency at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center. She then completed an additional residency at Nassau County Medical Center, before undertaking her fellowship training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Young is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and she is renowned internationally as an expert in plastic and reconstructive surgery. She keeps up to date with the latest advances and developments in her field by maintaining a professional membership with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and the American Society of Breast Surgeons.
Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to reconstruction of facial and body defects due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and disease. Plastic surgery is intended to correct dysfunctional areas of the body and is reconstructive in nature.
- What to Expect After Having a Breast Augmentation
Patients usually have breast augmentation from a surgical center or hospital as an outpatient, since hospital admission is rarely required.Breast augmentation is commonly carried out under general anesthesia or, in some rare cases, local anesthesia.The steps of the surgical operation...
- Thinking About Getting a Nose Job? Here is What You Need to Know
What is it? Rhinoplasty, commonly known as a nose job, is a surgical procedure done to reshape the nose to improve its appearance. This is a cosmetic surgery done for people who are unhappy with the way their nose looks, or to correct certain deformities which resulted from injuries to their nose...
- Do You Need Future Breast Augmentations After Having One?
A study done by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in the year 2007 suggested that breast augmentation was the most common surgery in America. Evidently, 347,524 women underwent the procedure in that year alone.This increase in cases of breast augmentation has mostly been due to the undeniable...
- Breast Augmentation: What Are Silicone Implants?
Silicone breast implantsSilicone gel-filled implants have an outer shell made of silicone. The gel has a natural feel just like a natural breast. The silicone gel has a shell that prevents the breast implant from collapsing.If you go for silicone implants, you will need to pay regular visits to your...
- How to Prepare for a Breast Augmentation
You may be needed to do the following as you prepare for a breast augmentation operation:...
- Is a Tummy Tuck a Good Idea?
Tummy tucks, or abdominoplasty, are a very popular option for many who have tried to drop those sagging excess skin on the abdomen. For some, the fat deposits on the skin is an inherited condition. For some others the skin become flaccid with a sudden weight loss leading to odd looks. Abdominoplasty...
- Dr. Joseph M. Pober Other 975 Park Ave New York New York 10028
- Tal Dagan MD FACS 420 Madison Avenue New York New York 10017
- Dr. Peter L. Schwartz MD 143 Froehlich Farm Blvd Woodbury NY 11797
- Dr. Yoel Shahar MD 903 Park Ave New York NY 10075
- Dr. Dennis Barek MD 29 Wensley Drive Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Robert D. Goldstein M.D. 2425 Eastchester Road Bronx New York 10469