Dr. Carole L. Bates D.D.S.
Dentist1010 W Audie Murphy Pkwy Farmersville Texas, 75442
Carole L. Bates, DDS, is the owner and family dentist of Farmersville Dental in Farmersville, Texas. She is originally from Vancouver, Canada, but has been a Texan for over fifteen years now. She went to school locally at Texas A&M University-Commerce and graduated from dental school at the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston. Dr. Bates is a member of the American Dental Association, the Texas Dental Association, the North Texas Dental Society, and the American Academy of Orthodontics. Dr. Bates comes from an interesting background which has brought her to reside in Texas. She has had a wonderful opportunity to travel all of North America and the world by ice skating professionally with Disney On Ice for 6 years. All this as a first career before her educational escapades in becoming a dentist.
Education and Training
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston DDS 2009
Dr. Carole L. Bates D.D.S.'s Expert Contributions
Wisdom teeth removal
Any general dentist can remove wisdom teeth if he or she feels comfortable enough doing so. In my office, we don't offer sedation...so if a patient wants to be put to sleep to get their wisdom teeth extracted or if the case is too difficult, we refer to an oral surgeon. READ MORE
I can't fix my teeth sensitivity. What do I do?
Continue to use the sensitivity toothpastes. Try not rinsing your mouth with water afterwards. Just spit after brushing and allow the toothpaste in your saliva to sit on your teeth a little longer. Also stay away from acidic foods and drinks that can cause acid erosion, leading to extra sensitivity. READ MORE
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- North Texas Dental Society
- American Orthodontic Society
Professional Society Memberships
- American Orthopaedic Association, North Texas Dental Society, American Dental Association, Texas Dental Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her drive to keep people healthy, working hard, and her passion for the field and to make a difference.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling, Figure Skating
Favorite professional publications
- All major dental publications and journals
Dr. Carole L. Bates D.D.S.'s Practice location
Farmersville, Texas 75442Get Direction
Caddo Mills, TX 75135Get Direction
- Get a Better Smile with Licorice Root
According to a new study published in the Journal of Natural Products, licorice, the main ingredient in candy, may help to keep tooth decay and gum disease at bay. Teeth protection is provided by the compounds found in the dried root of licorice plant. Chinese licorice, found in northern mainland...
- Frequent Smoking and Lack of Sleep Can Lead to Gum Disease
Studies show that smoking and lack of sleep are two factors that affect the progression of gum disease. “The study shows that other than brushing and flossing, there are lifestyle factors that may affect the dental health of a person”, says Preston D. Miller Jr., DDS, president of the American...
- Metal Taste in Mouth
Why does my mouth taste like metal?The perception of a metallic taste in the mouth is a symptom that can be found for several reasons. In some cases, this aftertaste depends on mild and transient conditions, sometimes it may be the warning of some more serious pathologies.Among the possible causes:...
- Is There an Ideal Teeth Whitening Product?
Normally, teeth are yellowish in color and are rarely pure white. As white teeth are a popular demand, more and more products have hit the market, claiming to whiten teeth. This includes whitening tooth-pastes, gels, rinses, strips and trays. Teeth whitening is recommended for people with healthy...
- Osteoporosis and Oral Health
What is Osteoporosis?Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones all over the body. It is a medical condition characterized by a weakness of the bones, due to different factors, leading to fractures of the bones due to minor trauma or no trauma at all. Major causes of osteoporosis are age,...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Dr. Mary Zoe Collier DDS2301 Eldorado Pkwy Mckinney TX 75070
- Dr. Thanh-Truc Le D.D.S2522 Briarbrook Ln Garland TX 75040
- Dr. Bryant P. Lee D.M.D.300 W Boyd Allen TX 75013
- Dr. Nidhi Jaiswal DDS4150 Eldorado Pkwy Mckinney TX 75070
- Dr. Stan Lowrance DDS1350 Summer Lee Dr Rockwall TX 75032
- Dr. Sangita Chandran DDS906 W Mcdermott Dr Allen TX 75013