Carole L. Bates, DDS, is the owner and family dentist of Farmersville Dental in Farmersville, Texas. She is originally from Vancouver, Canada, but has been a Texan for over fifteen years now. She went to school locally at Texas A&M University-Commerce and graduated from dental school at the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston. Dr. Bates is a member of the American Dental Association, the Texas Dental Association, the North Texas Dental Society, and the American Academy of Orthodontics. Dr. Bates comes from an interesting background which has brought her to reside in Texas. She has had a wonderful opportunity to travel all of North America and the world by ice skating professionally with Disney On Ice for 6 years. All this as a first career before her educational escapades in becoming a dentist.
Education and Training
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston DDS 2009
Dr. Carole L. Bates D.D.S.'s Expert Contributions
Any general dentist can remove wisdom teeth if he or she feels comfortable enough doing so. In my office, we don't offer sedation...so if a patient wants to be put to sleep to get their wisdom teeth extracted or if the case is too difficult, we refer to an oral surgeon. READ MORE
Continue to use the sensitivity toothpastes. Try not rinsing your mouth with water afterwards. Just spit after brushing and allow the toothpaste in your saliva to sit on your teeth a little longer. Also stay away from acidic foods and drinks that can cause acid erosion, leading to extra sensitivity. READ MORE
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- North Texas Dental Society
- American Orthodontic Society
Professional Society Memberships
- American Orthopaedic Association, North Texas Dental Society, American Dental Association, Texas Dental Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her drive to keep people healthy, working hard, and her passion for the field and to make a difference.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling, Figure Skating
Favorite professional publications
- All major dental publications and journals
Dr. Carole L. Bates D.D.S.'s Practice location
Farmersville, Texas 75442Get Direction
Caddo Mills, TX 75135Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Carole L. Bates D.D.S. | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Carole L. Bates D.D.S.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Wine May Prevent Cavities
Researchers from Italy's University of Pavia have revealed that red wine and white wine may fight against the bacteria that causes cavities. But the study was done invitro; it will be some time before this will be recommended as a method to prevent cavities.For this study, researchers used two types...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- Does Everyone Have Wisdom Teeth?
Introduction When a person reaches the ages between 17 to 21, the eruption of wisdom teeth or third molars may take place. However, for some, wisdom teeth do not show up at all. These teeth are called wisdom teeth because they tend to show up at a later and more mature age. When wisdom teeth...
- Snoring Problem? This Dentist May Have the Solution
Dentists can actually be extremely useful to determine why patients are snoring. Many would normally ignore snoring, as it has often been pushed aside as a "joke". But, in reality, it should be a cause of concern.A worrying fact about snoring is that people take it as something normal until it is...
- Is There an Ideal Teeth Whitening Product?
Normally, teeth are yellowish in color and are rarely pure white. As white teeth are a popular demand, more and more products have hit the market, claiming to whiten teeth. This includes whitening tooth-pastes, gels, rinses, strips and trays. Teeth whitening is recommended for people with healthy...
- Gingivitis: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
Gingivitis, or periodontal disease, is known as the inflammation of the gums. The most common cause of gingivitis is poor oral hygiene and poor dental care. This will lead to a formation of plaque. Plaque is a sticky film composed mainly of bacteria, which is also invisible. The bacteria forms on...
- Dr. Bryant P. Lee D.M.D.300 W Boyd Allen TX 75013
- Dr. Nidhi Jaiswal DDS4150 Eldorado Pkwy McKinney Texas 75070
- Dr. Sangita Chandran DDS906 W Mcdermott Dr Allen TX 75013
- Dr. Vinay Kumar DDS2014 N Highway 78 Wylie TX 75098
- Dr. Kyle Matthew Smith D.D.S.4818 Wellington St Greenville TX 75402
- Dr. Masoud Esmaeilnia Najari DDS280 E Fm 544 Plano TX 75094