Dr. William R. Omlie M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery6405 France Ave S Suite W440 Edina Minnesota, 55435
William R. Omlie, MD, FACS, is an established vascular surgeon who sees patients at Surgical Consultants â?? Edina in Edina, Minnesota, as well as in several other locations, including Fairview Southdale Breast Center, Fairview Southdale Hospital, Vascular Health Center at Fairview Southdale Hospital, VeinSolutions, and Wound Healing Institute at Fairview Southdale Hospital. With over twenty-five years of experience, he specializes in artery and vein care, wound care, and vascular surgery. Dr. Omlie received his medical degree at the University of Minnesota Medical School in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in 1988, completed his internship and residency at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota, and underwent fellowship training at Louisiana State University. Board certified in vascular surgery by the American Board of Surgery, Dr. Omlie is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians.
Education and Training
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1981
University of Minnesota Medical School 1981
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- 2011 Best Doctors for Women Minnesota Monthly Magazine
- 2012 Mpls.St.Paul Super Doctors
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Leg Ulcer
- Vascular Disease
- Louisiana State University
What do you attribute your success to?
- Providing quality patient care, and continuing his education.
Hobbies / Sports
- Biking, Tennis
Favorite professional publications
- All major medical research & publications
Dr. William R. Omlie M.D.'s Practice location
Edina, Minnesota 55435Get Direction
Dr. William R. Omlie M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Omlie
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- How Can I Improve Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins can affect your self esteem, since they are distressing and painful. These veins can develop anywhere in the body, although the legs are commonly affected. They are usually twisted, swollen and deep purple or blue in color.When blood starts accumulating in the veins as a result of...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What Specialists Treat Varicose Veins?
Veins that are twisted, engorged and noticeable are referred as varicose veins. They normally form in the legs, although they can also develop anywhere on the body. This condition is frequent. The signs and symptoms of varicose veins are not many. Mild, skin ulcers and blood clots can arise from...
- Dr. Adnan Z Rizvi MD800 E 28th St Minneapolis MN 55407
- Dr. Julie Gilkeson MD420 Delaware St Se Minneapolis MN 55455
- Dr. Marlon Adrian Lee M.D.2955 Xenium Ln N Minneapolis MN 55441
- Dr. Robert Joseph Reese DO6525 FRANCE AVE S EDINA MN 55435
- Dr. Michael T Schueppert MD6500 EXCELSIOR BLVD ST LOUIS PARK MN 55426
- Matthew Melin6405 FRANCE AVE S STE W440 EDINA MN 55435