Dr. Emily Woolcock is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Dr. Woolcock specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Woolcock tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Emily Woolcock's Expert Contributions
A sprain does not require you to be on bed rest. If your doctor did not intend for you to put any weight at all on your ankle, he/she would’ve given you crutches to ambulate with. In most cases, it is OK to toe touch weight bear which means you can touch your toes to the ground to stabilize yourself while walking. Long periods of inactivity, including bed rest, can lead to the development of blood clots in your legs. READ MORE
- Howard University College of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, National Medical Association, Eastern Orthopedic Associates
Articles and Publications
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Exploring New Places
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Emily Woolcock's Practice location
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Emily Woolcock | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Emily Woolcock's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- Can I Walk After a Knee Replacement Surgery?
Yes, you can walk after a knee replacement surgery. The main goal of the surgery is for you to walk using an artificial knee and get back to your normal life. In fact, it is highly recommended that you immediately use your artificial knee.You need to know that walking again will require your...
- Know Your Risk for Bone Fractures
Have you ever received a bone density test? This test is crucial for women who are experiencing menopause, as it tests how thin and frail their bones are. One might be prescribed medications to help this condition.“Bone density tests are good indicators for the risks of fractures”, says...
- What Type of Disorder Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a chronic disorder that affects the musculoskeletal system. A person diagnosed with arthritis can have very uncomfortable pain in one or more than one joint in their body. Sometimes, arthritis may cause disability. Arthritis can also be caused by bacterial or viral infections,...
- Muscle Relaxants for Fibromyalgia
What is fibromyalgia?Fibromyalgia is known as a muscle-related pain syndrome or myofascial pain syndrome. It can be due to a general type of pain such as muscle pain or back pain, and certain tender areas in the body. Individuals suffering from fibromyalgia would have various tender spots in the...
- What Is Spinal Stenosis Back Surgery?
What is spinal stenosis?Spinal stenosis is a disorder of the spine in which the spinal chord narrows. Congenital spinal stenosis is a condition in which the spine is already narrowed at birth. Factors that can result in spinal stenosis are herniated discs, osteophytes, which are ingrown bones or...
- Dr. Seyed Kalantar M.D. 3800 Reservoir Rd Nw Washington DC 20007
- Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D. 2021 K St Nw Washington DC 20006
- Dr. Richard Leo Gaertner MD 133 Maple Ave E Vienna VA 22180
- Dr. Sean A Jebraili MD 2750 Prosperity Ave Fairfax VA 22031
- Dr. Easton L Manderson M.D. 1140 Varnum Street Ne Washington DC 20017
- Dr. James M. Weiss M.D. 13245 Executive Park Terrace Germantown Maryland 20874