Orthopedist20203 Goshen Rd Suite 249 Gaithersburg Maryland, 20879
Dr. Emily Woolcock is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Dr. Woolcock specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Woolcock tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Emily Woolcock's Expert Contributions
A sprain does not require you to be on bed rest. If your doctor did not intend for you to put any weight at all on your ankle, he/she would’ve given you crutches to ambulate with. In most cases, it is OK to toe touch weight bear which means you can touch your toes to the ground to stabilize yourself while walking. Long periods of inactivity, including bed rest, can lead to the development of blood clots in your legs. READ MORE
- Howard University College of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, National Medical Association, Eastern Orthopedic Associates
Articles and Publications
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Exploring New Places
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Emily Woolcock's Practice location
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879Get Direction
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- Symptoms of Gout in Knee
What is gout in knee?Gout in knee is an inflammatory condition that causes swelling and pain in the knee joints. In the US, approximately 1-2 people in every 100 suffer from gout. Men are more likely to be affected by this condition than women with a peak-incidence age of 75. There are recurrent...
- What to Expect After Knee Replacement Surgery
The major thing you would expect after a knee replacement is proper recovery and the successful outcome of the procedure. Knee replacement surgery is a procedure that is aimed at correcting a damaged knee joint. The recovery period after this operation varies depending on the type of surgery carried...
- What Is Cervical Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Cervical spinal stenosis surgery is a surgical treatment used to solve problems of spinal stenosis in the cervical part of the spine. Before even talking about this surgical procedure it is very important to understand what cervical spinal stenosis is first.Cervical spinal stenosis is characterized...
- What Is Bursitis: Get the Facts
There are conditions that we experience or live with in our life. Moreover, we tend to assume that most of them are normal or of no much importance. Some of these conditions or feelings in our bodies may later cause bigger problems and it is necessary to understand them and their sources. It is also...
- Risk Factors For Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that can affect just about anyone, depending on different conditions such as the environment, regular activities the person engages in, or even the current health status of a person. The condition more commonly affects the elderly, women, and people with very weak...
- Dr. William McNamara MD6000 Executive Blvd Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Jefferson Jex M.D.8901 WISCONSIN AVE BETHESDA MD 20889
- Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D.5454 WISCONSIN AVE CHEVY CHASE MD 20815
- Dr. Richard Leo Gaertner MD133 MAPLE AVE E VIENNA VA 22180
- Dr. Tariq A Nayfeh M.D.7811 MONTROSE RD STE 340 POTOMAC MD 20854
- Dr. Easton L Manderson M.D.1140 Varnum St Ne Washington DC 20017