Dr. Emily Woolcock is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Dr. Woolcock specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Woolcock tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Emily Woolcock's Expert Contributions
A sprain does not require you to be on bed rest. If your doctor did not intend for you to put any weight at all on your ankle, he/she would’ve given you crutches to ambulate with. In most cases, it is OK to toe touch weight bear which means you can touch your toes to the ground to stabilize yourself while walking. Long periods of inactivity, including bed rest, can lead to the development of blood clots in your legs. READ MORE
- Howard University College of Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, National Medical Association, Eastern Orthopedic Associates
Articles and Publications
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Exploring New Places
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Emily Woolcock's Practice location
Gaithersburg, Maryland 20879 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Emily Woolcock | Orthopedist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Emily Woolcock's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Saddle Paresthesia?
Saddle ParesthesiaA set of severe sciatica symptoms are described in saddle paresthesia. These symptoms can occur in the buttocks, perineum, and groin. Sometimes, this condition is also referred to as saddle anesthesia. When there is a sensation of tingling and numbness in the affected area, the...
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- Everything You Need to Know About Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is a medical procedure that is done to treat a condition known as carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where a ligament known as the transverse carpal ligament lies over the median nerve, putting pressure on it. The condition causes numbness, weakness,...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Know Your Risk for Bone Fractures
Have you ever received a bone density test? This test is crucial for women who are experiencing menopause, as it tests how thin and frail their bones are. One might be prescribed medications to help this condition.“Bone density tests are good indicators for the risks of fractures”, says...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D. 2021 Kay Street NW Washington District of Columbia 20006
- Dr. Richard Leo Gaertner MD 133 Maple Avenue E Vienna Virginia 22180
- Dr. Easton L Manderson M.D. 1140 Varnum St Ne Washington DC 20017
- Dr. James M. Weiss M.D. 13245 Executive Park Terrace Germantown Maryland 20874
- Dr. Charles B. Jackson MD 251 Bliss Lane Great Falls Virginia 22066
- Dr. Randolph Bryant Cook MD 21785 Filigree Ct Ashburn VA 20147