Norman J. Schatz, MD, is an established neuro-ophthalmologist with Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, FL. He received his medical degree at Hahnemann Medical College, now Drexel University College of Medicine, served his residency in neurology at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, and completed fellowship training in neuro-ophthalmology at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute. Dr. Schatz is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is a professional member of the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (Founding Member), the American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Academy of Neurology.
Education and Training
Hahneman Univ College of Medicine MD
Dr. Norman J. Schatz MD's Expert Contributions
Glaucoma diagnosis can be routine and an optometrist makes the diagnosis accurately. A medical expert confirmation is always advised to be sure other factors do not complicate management. Optometry has offered more widespread needed care. READ MORE
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (Neurology)
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (Neuro-Ophthalmology)
Professional Society Memberships
- North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society (Founding Member), American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Academy of Neurology
Articles and Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- The other doctors he's worked alongside and taught, as well as his patients.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, The Sea, Traveling, Classical Music and Jazz
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal of Neurology, Annals of Neurology, Journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society Journal
Dr. Norman J. Schatz MD's Practice location
Miami Beach, FL 33140Get Direction
Miami, Florida 33136Get Direction
MIAMI BEACH, FL 33140Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Norman J. Schatz MD | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Norman J. Schatz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 6 Helpful Tips for Good Eye Health
Nutrients for good visionMany studies have show that nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E help to prevent eye disorders associated with aging.Some foods that may help to maintain eye health include:...
- What is Conjunctivitis: The Facts
Conjunctivitis is a condition that most commonly appears in the human eyeball, specifically in the front of the eye. Conjunctivitis can be seen when the white part of the eye turns red or pink. Most people think that red eye can appear if they don’t sleep enough, but they might not actually be...
- How to Prepare for Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik (laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis), commonly referred to as laser eye surgery or laser vision correction, is a revolutionary new technology that corrects distortion in vision using focused laser beams to remove corneal tissue. The reconstruction of the surface of the cornea enables it...
- How to Prepare for Cataract Surgery
The normal process of aging is the leading cause of cataracts. The eye’s lens slowly loses its clarity and gets cloudy as we age. As a result, the quality of vision decreases. Cataract surgery is recommended when your life’s quality starts to suffer.It is important to know how to prepare...
- Pink Eye vs. Allergies
IntroductionThe eye is one of the sensitive parts of the body, and it easily gets affected by any irritants such as microbes. Eyes turning red would be due to not getting enough sleep or not blinking enough in a day. In certain cases, it can also be a sign of some kind of infection or...
- What is Neonatal Conjunctivitis?
Neonatal conjunctivitis or ophthalmia neonatorum is a type of infection that newborns contract during delivery. The newborns contract this infection in cases when the mother is infected with Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.Neonatal conjunctivitis is any type of conjunctivitis that...
- Dr. Veeral Shah M.D., PHD.900 Nw 17th St Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Stanley Braverman MD FACS1935 East Hallandale Beach Blvd. Hallandale Beach Florida 33009
- Joel D. Aronowicz7949 Northwest 2nd Street Miami Florida 33126
- Mr. Gianmarco Paris M.D.1460 NE 123rd St. N Miami FL 33161
- Dr. Raul F. Masvidal M.D.250 South West 42nd Avenue Miami Florida 33134
- Dr. Sara Tullis Wester M.D.900 NW 17th Street Miami Florida 33136