Dr. Oscar Perez is a psychiatrist practicing in El Paso, Texas. Dr. Perez is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Perez diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Perez may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Perez treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ Nacl Auto De Mexico, Fac De Med, Mexico Df, Mexico 1973
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras Facultad de Ciencias Medicas 1970
University of New Mexico School of Medicine 1973
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Life Fellow 2013 American Psychiatric Association
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Opiate Dependence
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Univ Hosp & Clinics, Psychiatry; Trinity Lutheran Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
- University of Oklahoma, Psychiatry at Baylor College of Medicine
- Internal Medicine at Trinity Lutheran Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time, Dancing
Favorite professional publications
- American Psychiatric Association Journal
Dr. Oscar E. Perez MD's Practice location
El Paso, Texas 79902Get Direction
El Paso, TX 79902Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Oscar E. Perez MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Oscar E. Perez MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Treatment Options for ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may affect different aspects of life, including personality, work, and relationships. Getting the right treatment is crucial in managing ADHD. Many studies have been conducted to investigate the efficacy of different treatment options for ADHD. Two...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- What are the Different Types of Anxiety?
What is anxiety?Individuals who have anxiety normally face stressful situations under normal circumstances, meaning, that they can become fearful and nervous completely out of context when a situation doesn't have any reason for these reactions. This is considered anxiety.Anxiety can be caused be a...
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- Reading to Your Children: The Path to Healthy Kids
Storytelling is a vehicle for parents to bond with their children, while instilling values and character traits. Making time for a 15 minute story is a great way to directly connect with your children.Storytelling is a tradition as old as human history. The stories of Aesop may come to mind. The...
- Understanding the Causes of Depression: Is Depression Hereditary?
While researchers are becoming increasingly aware that depression can be genetic, there is a need to shed more light on this issue because it is often misinterpreted. Is depression hereditary? Many people have the misconception that they will necessarily develop depression if their parents or any...
- Dr. Jorge N Avila M.D.1900 DENVER AVE EL PASO TX 79902
- Dr. Angel Rodriguez-chevres M.D.1717 Brown St El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Arthur Leonard Ramirez M.D.1515 N Mesa St El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Jesus Raul Jimenez Other2311 N Mesa Build I El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Aghaegbulam Harachi Uga M.D.1900 N MESA ST EL PASO TX 79902
- Dr. Hatem Ahmed Nour el deen MD1900 Denver El Paso TX 79902