Uzochukwu W. Unegbu, MD, MBA, is an established family medical practitioner who works at Roseu Medical Center in Laurel, Maryland. He received his medical degree at Spartan Health Sciences University in 2002 and trained at George Washington University. Dr. Unegbu is a professional member of the American Academy of Family Physicians and The Association of Nigerian Physicians in the Americas.
Education and Training
Spartan Health Sciences University School of Medicine 2002
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Howard University Program
- George Washington University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians, The Association of Nigerian Physicans in the Americas
Articles and Publications
- Published Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- His dedication, commitment to education, and drive to make a difference.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Biking, Traveling, Basketball
Favorite professional publications
- All major medical research & publications
Dr. Uzochukwu W. Unegbu MD's Practice location
Washington, DC 20011Get Direction
Laurel, Maryland 20707Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Uzochukwu W. Unegbu MD | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Uzochukwu W. Unegbu MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- What Is Vistaril Used For?
What is Vistaril (hydroxyzine)?Vistaril is a medication used to reduce central nervous system activity. It is an antihistamine drug that can help reduce the effects of histamine in the body and relieve symptoms of allergy, such as histamine-induced itch, hives, and contact dermatitis.Vistaril is...
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- Prevention of Croup
Croup is a viral infection that causes swelling of the airway. As a result, the airway becomes narrower, making it difficult to breathe. It is also accompanied by an irritation in the larynx (voice box) and trachea (windpipe). This condition is also known as laryngotracheobronchitis because the...
- Dr. January F. Dumlao-Umayam MD6355 Walker Ln Alexandria Virginia 22310
- Muna A. Jama MD4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria VA 22304
- Dr. Richard Elion MD1140 Varnum St NE Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Linda George MD6355 Walker Ln Alexandria VA 22310
- Dr. Eveline Biyoga Ane MDCapital Internal Medicine Llc Gaithersburg MD 20883
- Dr. Janice E. Ragland MD555 Herndon Pkwy Herndon VA 20170