National board certified chiropractor since 2010.
Graduated from Texas Chiropractic College in 2004.
Certified EMT by the National registry emergency medical technician in 2008.
Dr. Alejandro Bochm Cabanas specialize in trauma and personal injury . We have a facility to help patients recover from injuries.
Dr. Alejandro Bochm DC's Expert Contributions
A full physical and orthopedic exam will help to determine the cause of the problem. Some cases, some imaging will be order for further assessment. READ MORE
It might be helpful to stretch your muscles and activate your joints, but keep in mind if the pain persists to be checked by a doctor to evaluate your hip and joint function. READ MORE
It will help with joint function and range of motion not with her posture. At 78 years old her spine has changed and osteoarthritis has developed and remodeled the joints. The degeneration cause by the osteoarthritis is irreversible. A thoracic posture brace will help to decrease the muscle spasm and will provide relief. The chiropractic adjustment at her age will be determined by a chiropractor during her exam, if is indicated or not, and if any chiropractic technique can be perform. READ MORE
Only the time will say. His age is a factor that plays in his favor to have a good recovery. He will need to have a good rehabilitation therapy to make sure he heals properly. READ MORE
I would say wear a lumbar support brace at work to prevent injuries. Also, exercise your upper body to keep your muscle strong. Don't forget to stretch daily for healthy muscles. READ MORE
Make an appointment with your doctor and talk to him/her about requesting a lumbar MRI to see in detail your problem and treatment options. READ MORE
I will say walking might be helpful, but if you notice the pain is constant, stop and make an appointment with your doctor. READ MORE
There are many different techniques to use depending your problem. The adjusting technique will be selected by your chiropractor depending your age and condition. The manipulation helps to restore proper joint function to that specific segment. READ MORE
Yes! Stretching. Basic low back and neck stretching will help you a lot. Also, make sure you have an ergonomic chair to help your posture and support your low back. READ MORE
Start with a thoracic posture brace. They sell it on amazon. It will help to start getting used to a new posture. The cells and muscles have memory and now those muscles need to be re-educated to the new posture. Also, upper body exercise will help to get the back stronger. Pushups will be helpful. READ MORE
Spinal decompression traction is a great treatment for disc herniations. READ MORE
Maybe could help to release the muscle spasm, but will be only temporarily. If she has the opportunity to get a CT scan for her hip to see the joint closely, that will be the best. After that test, see what's the best treatment option. READ MORE
During the healing, it will develop some scar tissue. That is a possibility. Proper therapy and specific exercises will help to recover. READ MORE
Definitely make an appointment to see a doctor to have further evaluation. READ MORE
Check your mattress, too. A bad mattress Could cause back pain. READ MORE
My mother has been having pain in her legs, mainly while sitting. Can a chiropractor help in any way?
Probably so, but only after a physical and orthopedic exam will you know. Sometimes radiology imaging might be necessary. Sometimes poor circulation might be the cause. Again, only after the examination will you know. READ MORE
No, it won't be corrected. The symptoms that a bone spur can cause might be reduced with therapies such as ultrasound, electrotherapy, laser, massage, and soft tissue work, among others. If the pains do not subside, the bone spur will need to be released by surgery. READ MORE
I think it might help. The chiropractor will make a full exam to see if the chiropractic treatment is indicated and what techniques are indicated. If she has severed osteoarthritis of the hips, she might need hip replacement and an orthopedic doctor will need to see her. Again, after the exam you will know if chiropractics will help for her hips. READ MORE
If the curve is that advance, it might need to be corrected with spine surgery. READ MORE
Many reasons, it's hard to say without seeing you and making a physical exam. It could be from muscle spasm, circulatory problems, neuropathy, or even potassium deficiency. READ MORE
Absolutely! Stress will be reflected on all your systems, including your muscles and nerves. READ MORE
Yes, hormones unbalance could cause muscle and joint pain. READ MORE
Chiropractics will help to align and improve joint function. READ MORE
It could be, but it also can be many other factors. The best thing to do is to visit a chiropractor and be checked. READ MORE
Ice, rest, and electrotherapy will help. READ MORE
- Personal Injury
- Moody Health Center, 2003
Professional Society Memberships
- American Chiropractic Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- He is hard working, honest, and bilingual which helps him fully serve his community
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Soccer, Working Out
- AARP Medicare Advantage HMO
- AARP Medicare Advantage POS
- AARP Medicare Advantage PPO
- AARP Medicare Complete (HMO)
- AARP Medicare Supplement Core
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plan A
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plan B
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plan C
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plan C
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plan F
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plan K
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plan L
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plan N
- AARP Medicare Supplement Supplement 1
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice (PPO)
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice (PPO)
- AARP MedicareComplete Plus (HMO-POS)
- AARP MedicareComplete Plus Essential (HMO-POS)
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons
- AARP Personal Health Insurance Plan
- Hearing Care Program (Hear USA)
- High Deductible 3000
- High Deductible 5000
- Premier 1500
- Premier 2500
- Premier 5000
- Preventative and Hospital Care 1250
- Preventative and Hospital Care 3000
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Alejandro Bochm DC's Practice location
LAFAYETTE, LA 70506Get Direction
Lafayette, LA 70506Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alejandro Bochm DC | Chiropractor
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alejandro Bochm DC's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bochm
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Back Pain?
Back pain is a common problem and research has shown that at least 80% of all adults in America experience back pain on a daily basis. Though it can cause great discomfort and pain, most cases are usually not serious and can easily be fixed. According to experts, back pain occurs when the muscles,...
- Do I Have a Pinched Nerve?
Pinched nerve, or nerve compression, refers to a situation in which the surrounding tissues apply pressure on a nerve. Pinched nerve may cause severe pain, tingling, numbness, or other symptoms. Nerve compression may affect different sites of the body and this may result in varied symptoms. The...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Chiropractic Care for Arthritis
Chiropractic has been successful and effective in managing the symptoms of arthritis. With regular treatment, pain is decreased and the need for medications is reduced or won't be needed. Chiropractic care can also restore lost range of motion and flexibility, increase muscle strength and improve...
- Treatments For Shin Splints
That intense pain you get while running, exercise or by just pressing your shins is sometimes is just too unbearable. Sometimes the pain is so severe that it makes running impossible; it tends to subside as you stop running and take a rest.Shin splints usually subside on their own and often require...
- What Is Sciatica?
What is sciatica?Lower back pain is a very common condition that is often incorrectly managed. Back pain is a challenge in itself since it demands medical support and is a leading source of social, psychological, and physical disabilities. The majority of back pains are self-limiting and simple,...
- Dr. Denise Florane BS, DC, C.AD, DACACD1901 Highway 190 Mandeville Louisiana 70448
- Dr. Quentin Mark Brisco D.C.107 S College Rd Lafayette LA 70503
- Dr. James Lynn Menard D.C.117 E Oak St Rayne LA 70578
- Dr. Keith A. Terro D.C., C.C.S.P.913 S College Rd Lafayette LA 70503
- Dr. William Higginbotham D.C.300 Doucet Rd Lafayette LA 70503
- Dr. Virgil Jackson Bryant DC800 W Main St New Iberia LA 70560