Dr. Joseph M. Landisi DMD
Dentist1750 Crosby Ave Bronx New York, 10461
Joseph M. Landisi, DMD, is a leading dentist currently serving patients as the founding partner at Pelham Bay Dental Associates, launched in Bronx, New York, in 1993. Dr. Landisi is an innovative dentist in both General and Cosmetic Dentistry and also excels in root canal therapy, oral surgery, mini dental implant placement, TMJ Disorders, and Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances. After earning his dental degree from Temple University School of Dentistry in 1987 with Honor Awards in both Endodontics and Oral Surgery, Dr. Landisi completed a General Practice Residency at Catholic Medical Center for Brooklyn and Queens. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the American Dental Association, the New York State Dental Association, the Nassau County Dental Society, the Bronx County Dental Society, the International Academy of Mini Implants, and the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, Nassau County Dental Society, The Bronx County Dental Society, International Academy of Mini Dental Implants, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Joseph M. Landisi DMD's Practice location
Bronx, New York 10461Get Direction
Dr. Joseph M. Landisi DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Landisi
- What Are the Causes of Receding Gums?
As the margin of teeth recede, the roots of the teeth are exposed. Receding gums are a very common oral problem and are of concern as it may be the warning signs of many gum diseases. Gum deterioration occurs gradually with time and creates small pockets or gaps between the tooth and the gum, which...
- Can Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Help Prevent Periodontitis?
According to a new study published in the Journal of the American Diabetic Association, food containing polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) may help to prevent gum disease. Periodontitis is the most common type of gum disease in which the gum separates from the teeth, allowing the bacteria to...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Why Do I Have a Toothache?
Toothaches refers to the pain in and around one's mouth and jaw. This pain can be very mild or throbbing, and differs in intensity from one person to another. The pain may start suddenly. In some cases, the pain may become worse with time or just disappear after some time.Some of the common causes...
- Sleep Apnea: What Are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Sleep apnea is a very common but serious sleeping disorder, wherein your breathing gets briefly interrupted while you sleep. Breathing might stop or become very shallow with pauses while you are sleeping. It can last from a few seconds to several minutes and usually recurs through the night. Since...
- Professional Teeth Cleanings Can Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease
Getting the teeth cleaned by a professional may not only give you a healthy and sparkling smile but also a healthier heart, according to a new study. In this study, people who regularly got their teeth cleaned and scaled by a dentist had a 24% less chance of getting heart disease, when compared to...
- Dr. Louis Paul Sterling DDS2533 86 STREET BROOKLYN NY 11214
- Dr. Michael Acquista D.D.S.479 Bay Ridge Pkwy Brooklyn NY 11209
- Dr. Clifford E. Degel DDS32-17 Broadway Astoria New York 11106
- Dr. Dennis Walker D.M.D.1640 Anderson Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Joseph Salim DMD433 East 56th Street New York NY 10022
- Dr. Marc W. Herman DDS800 Woodbury Rd Woodbury NY 11797