Shannon Tapia, MD, is a leading Geriatrician currently serving patients as founder, owner, and physician at Direct Senior Care PLLC in Lubbock, Texas. Throughout her three years of practice, she has accrued extensive expertise in home visits, assisted living, nursing home care, and geriatrics. After earning her undergraduate degree in 2006 from the University of Notre Dame, Dr. Tapia completed her Doctorate of Medicine in 2010 at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine and her residency and geriatric medicine fellowship at Lancaster General Hospital. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, Dr. Tapia maintains a professional membership with the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Geriatrics Society, and the Texas Medical Association. Furthermore, she has a blog and an online journal.
- Lancaster General Hospital
- Lancaster General Hospital (Geriatric Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians, American Geriatrics Society, Texas Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- Has a Blog, (www.medicineontap.net)
- Today's Geriatric Medicine, Online Journal Co-Authored With Her Dad
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her father is a geriatrician. She used to go to work with him and be a companion to his patients and her husband is an anesthesiologist.
Hobbies / Sports
- Anything Outdoors, Spendng Time With 7 Year Old Son, Spending Time in the Colorado Mountains
Favorite professional publications
- UpToDate, Today's Geriatric Medicine, New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Shannon Tapia MD's Practice location
LUBBOCK, TX 79430 Get Direction
Lancaster, PA 17602 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Shannon Tapia MD | Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Shannon Tapia MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tapia
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Can You Get Nauseated from Being Dehydrated?
Seizures, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications can arise from dehydration, which develops when the body lacks enough fluids. According to studies, energy and mood can be greatly affected even by not so severe dehydration. So detecting dehydration early is crucial although the signs,...
- How to Prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is caused by an autoimmune disorder. There is no specific reason for this disarray in the immune system, and this is why it is difficult to list preventive measures. However, there are some ways to reduce the chances of occurrence of rheumatoid arthritis. Moreover, there are...
- Is Osteoporosis Preventable?
The word "osteoporosis" means "porous bone", and it occurs when bones become weak due to loss of minerals. Thus, the affected bones become more prone to break compared to the healthy bones.Bones are made up of different minerals, and calcium is one of those main minerals. It strengthens the bones...
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- Dr. Saba Radhi MD 3601 4th St Lubbock TX 79430
- Dr. Ronald L. Cook D.O. 3502 9th St Lubbock TX 79430
- Keya Malhotra MBBS 2401 W Belvedere Ave Baltimore MD 21215
- Dr. Gary E. Meyerrose M.D. 3502 9th St Lubbock TX 79415
- Dr. John Whitfield Culberson M.D. 2002 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Rodney T. Franklin M.D. 7008 Indiana Ave Lubbock TX 79413