Dr. Vera Bell is a psychologist practicing in Long Beach, California. Dr. Bell specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Bell evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Bell because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Los Angeles County Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her early experiences working in the Los Angeles Unified School District
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Vera M. Bell PHD's Practice location
Long Beach, California 90806Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Vera M. Bell PHD | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Vera M. Bell PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- Severe Stress and Depression May Cause Gum Disease
According to a review published in the Journal of Periodontology, studies show a strong link between stress and gum disease. About 57% of the studies conducted displayed an accurate association between gum disease and stress-related symptoms, including distress, anxiety, depression, and...
- Everything You Need To Know About Major Depressive Disorder
Major depressive disorder (MDD) — also referred to as clinical depression — and Dysthymia are two of the most common types of depression. While there are some less common types too, MDD is a condition that is quite common among people today. In fact, according to the National Institute of...
- What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating disorders are mental disorders that affect an individual's eating pattern, habits, and diet. The most common types of eating disorders are bulimia, anorexia, and binge-eating disorder, all of which affect the diet habits of a person considerably. These conditions are often characterized by...
- What is Trichotillomania?
Trichotillomania, or hair pulling disorder, is a mental disorder in which people have a strong desire and urge to pull out hair from different parts of their body, including the scalp and eyebrows. In this type of disorder — also considered an impulse control disorder — one finds it hard to...
- Facing Condescension and Misunderstanding with Autism
Marta Rusek was unaware that she had autism until her adult life; however, she found it enabled her to be a more powerful version of herself.Before her autism diagnosisMarta knew for most of her life that she wasn't like everyone else. She couldn't necessarily put her finger on what it was, but she...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Dr. Nourit Korzennik PH D24050 Madison Street Torrance California 90505
- Dr. Sheila Wu O.D.520 South Lafayette Park Place Los Angeles California 90057
- Dr. Julia M. Johnson LEP920 Joyce Drive Brea California 92821
- Ms. Jeanne J. Knox LMFT4525 E Atherton St Long Beach California 90815
- Dr. Cynthia A. Cotter PH.D.12526 High Bluff Drive San Diego CA 92130
- Suzana Jones PH.D.150 W 7th St San Pedro CA 90731