Dr. Vera Bell is a psychologist practicing in Long Beach, California. Dr. Bell specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Bell evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Bell because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Los Angeles County Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her early experiences working in the Los Angeles Unified School District
Hobbies / Sports
Dr. Vera M. Bell PHD's Practice location
Long Beach, California 90806Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Vera M. Bell PHD | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Vera M. Bell PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- How This Barber Caters to Those with Autism
Frankel Antoine, a 24-year-old licensed barber, gives free haircuts to people with autism. He is passionate about his work, which was inspired by his brother, 19-year-old Amos, who has autism and does not speak. In the beginning, Antoine would give his brother haircuts at their home, understanding...
- Why Women Love Literotica
People think about sex, people talk about sex, people like sex – it’s no big secret. However, even in the 21st century, pornography is perceived as a predominantly male interest. Regardless of stereotypes, the fact is that women have the same type of healthy sexual interest like men do. Many...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- Autism: Why It's Important to Consider Identity-First Language
When discussing autism, it’s easy to get caught up in conversations about genetics and DNA that can often feel detached from the everyday experiences of people with autism. The research being done in these areas and the discussions that surround them are undoubtedly important. New studies and data...
- Children with Autism Found to Benefit from Art Therapy
Finding a way to treat those with autism spectrum disorder is of the utmost importance for researchers. This especially holds true when it comes to children. With this in mind, a researcher from Florida State University, Theresa Van Lith, began working with art therapists in order to reinvent...
- The Challenges of Living with Autism in College
As autism becomes more prevalent, more research has been devoted to understanding the origins of the it as well as developing effective treatment plans to support the individual. Research shows that the earlier treatment begins, the better individuals will be at implementing coping strategies and...
- Dr. Nourit Korzennik PH D24050 Madison Street Torrance California 90505
- Dr. Deborah A Berberich PHD1210 N. JEFFERSON STREET ANAHEIM CO 92807
- Dr. Sheila Wu O.D.520 South Lafayette Park Place Los Angeles California 90057
- Dr. Julia M. Johnson LEP920 Joyce Drive Brea California 92821
- Ms. Jeanne J. Knox LMFT4000 Long Beach Blvd Long Beach CA 90807
- Dr. Cynthia A. Cotter PH.D.5020 Campus Drive Newport Beach CA 92660