Dr. Calvin Abro, MD
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology315 W. Carpenter Street Springfield IL, 62702
Dr. Calvin Abro is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Abro specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Michigan State University Internal Medicine Residency 2020
Southern Illinois University Hematology Oncology Fellowship 2022
Michigan State University College of Human Medicine MD 2016
Oakland University Biology B.S. 2010
American Board of Internal Medicine
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Efficient persistence of extrachromosomal KSHV DNA mediated by latency-associated nuclear antigen.
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus latency-associated nuclear antigen 1 mediates episome persistence through cis-acting terminal repeat (TR) sequence and specifically binds TR DNA.
- The Kaposi' s sarcoma-associated herpesvirus latency-associated nuclear antigen.
- Regulation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 gene expression by tumor necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin-1 beta, and interferon-gamma in astrocytes.
- Interleukin 1-beta- and tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated regulation of ICAM-1 gene expression in astrocytes requires protein kinase C activity.
- Second messenger systems in the regulation of cytokines and adhesion molecules in the central nervous system.
- Elevation of cyclic AMP levels in astrocytes antagonizes cytokine-induced adhesion molecule expression.
Dr. Calvin Abro, MD's Practice location
Springfield, IL 62702Get Direction
- Will I Need Surgery If I Have Tennis Elbow?
Will I need surgery if I have Tennis Elbow?Tennis elbow, also known as lateral epicondylitis, is a condition that causes pain in the elbow, and it mainly results from overusing the elbow. The condition mainly affects tennis players but it can also affect other athletes and sporting enthusiasts. It...
- Treatment for Hepatitis
Hepatitis is a disease of the liver, so naturally changes in diet and lifestyle do greatly affect the condition of most patients. This condition occurs due to viral infection that infects the liver and produces a variety of symptoms. It can worsen if not treated in the early stages, so beginning to...
- Recovering from a Laparoscopy
Patients who have undergone laparoscopic surgery tell of different stories. They have varying views and opinions. Some say it is a harrowing experience, while others consider laparoscopy a minor surgery. It really all depends on the individual, because every human being responds differently to...
- Is Dengue Fever Fatal?
Dengue fever, a viral infection spread by the Aedes Aegypti mosquito, which causes acute body pain, raging fever and a slew of rashes and spots covering the body, but rarely progresses far enough to claim lives. Fatalities only occur when typical dengue develops into more serious conditions such as...
- This Naval Officer Doesn't Let Multiple Sclerosis Stop Him
The recent 2017 international Invictus Games was a star-studded event in Toronto, Canada. Invictus, fashioned after the American Warrior Games, is also for wounded members of the military, even veterans. Events include wheelchair basketball, an indoor rowing event, golf and volleyball, to name just...
- How is Dengue Fever Diagnosed?
Dengue fever, transmitted by the virus-carrying Aedes aegypti mosquito, is difficult to analyze and identify in its initial stages. This is mainly because the symptoms mimic those of other viral fevers, most notably leptospirosis, (picked up from infected pets and rodents) malaria, and typhoid....
- Dr. William R Zimmer M.D.301 N 8th St Springfield IL 62701
- Dr. Diana S. Willadsen M.D.1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703
- Dr. Aziz Khan M.D.415 N 9th St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Krishna A Rao M.D.415 N 9th St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Frances Marie Matthews MD747 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. John E Godwin MD415 N 9th St Springfield IL 62702