Dr. Nelson Wivel practices Genetic Medicine in HAVERFORD, PA. As a geneticist, Dr. Wivel performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients? with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Wivel carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
Nelson Auburn Wivel MD's Practice location
HAVERFORD, PA 19041Get Direction
Nelson Auburn Wivel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?
Is Pancreatic Cancer Genetic?Cancer is caused by a change in your genetic sequence. Genes are responsible for designing your body. Any alteration at that level will alter your body patterns.Cancer is an uncontrolled production of abnormal cells. Usually new cells are formed when your body needs...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- Dr. Bruce M Boman MD925 Chestnut St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Ellen M Arch MDA. I. Dupont Hospital For Children Wilmington DE 19803
- Dr. Michael B. Bober MDA.I. DUPONT HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN WILMINGTON DE 19803
- Dr. Staci M Kallish DO3400 CIVIC CENTER BLVD. PHILADELPHIA PA 19104
- Dr. Karen W. Gripp MDA.I. DUPONT HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN WILMINGTON DE 19803
- Dr. Charles I. Scott MDA.I. DUPONT HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN WILMINGTON DE 19803