Dr. Kara Romano practices Radiation Oncology in CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Romano specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Kara D Romano M.D.'s Practice location
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA 22908Get Direction
Kara D Romano M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can I Prepare for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Trying out cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a decision one can make for himself, but you can get recommendations from someone or from your doctor. Getting started...
- Brain-Dead California Girl Might be Declared “Undead” 3 Years from “Passing”
In December 2013, Jahi McMath, a 13-year-old girl from Northern California had a routine tonsillectomy in order to treat her sleep apnea. The surgery went awry and ended up causing her massive bleeding and an attack of arrhythmia, resulting in a cardiac arrest. The diagnosis read that Jahi had...
- "Black-ish" Diabetes Diagnosis Attempts to Improve Awareness on the Disease
Despite all the existing information on diabetes, the disease still manages to mystify a significant number of people. Some individuals could also believe that their life is over if they receive a type 2 diabetes diagnosis. Similarly, third parties may also think that diabetes patients are these...
- The History of Celiac Disease: Celiac 101
Once upon a time, man had a simple relationship with food. His job was to hunt and gather. His diet primarily consisted of nuts, fruit, berries and when available, meat and fish. With the agricultural revolution, hunting and gathering was replaced by domestication of crops and animals.Celiac disease...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- The Dangers of Lyme disease
According to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about 300,000 Americans are infected with Lyme disease every tick season. The tick season is during the spring and summer. The first incidence of Lyme disease was reported in 1975 in Old Lyme, Connecticut. Lyme disease is the most...
- Dr. Anthony J Crimaldi M.D.1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte NC 28203
- Dr. Timothy N. Showalter M.D.111 S 11th St Philadelphia PA 19107
- Dr. Sylvia S Hendrix M.D.459 Locust Ave Charlottesville VA 22902
- Dr. Cynthia Spaulding M.D.500 Martha Jefferson Drive Charlottesville VA 22911
- Dr. Assal Shoushtari Rahimi MD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Bernard F. Schneider M.D.Uva Hospital W Charlottesville VA 22908