Dr. Stewart Wright Caughman MD
Dermatologist | Clinical & Laboratory Dermatological Immunology1365 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA, 30322
Dr. Stewart Caughman is a dermatologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Caughman specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Caughman diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1979
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1979
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Substance P activates coincident NF-AT- and NF-kappa B-dependent adhesion molecule gene expression in microvascular endothelial cells through intracellular calcium mobilization.
- Human keratinocytes constitutively express interleukin-18 and secrete biologically active interleukin-18 after treatment with pro-inflammatory mediators and dinitrochlorobenzene.
- Painful erythematous ear.
- Sweet's syndrome in a patient with idiopathic progressive bilateral sensorineural hearing loss.
- Neutrophilic dermatoses associated with hematologic disorders.
- Cutting edge: C-C chemokine receptor 6 is essential for arrest of a subset of memory T cells on activated dermal microvascular endothelial cells under physiologic flow conditions in vitro.
- Calcinosis cutis as a complication of parenteral calcium gluconate therapy.
- Human intercellular adhesion molecule-1 gene and its expression in the skin.
- Furunculosis due to Mycobacterium mageritense associated with footbaths at a nail salon.
- Human keratinocytes and A-431 cells synthesize and secrete factor B, the major zymogen protease of the alternative complement pathway.
- Cloning and characterization of the 5'-transcriptional regulatory region of the human intercellular adhesion molecule 1 gene.
- Characterization and functional analysis of interferon-gamma-induced intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression in human keratinocytes and A-431 cells.
- Complex formation between a cytoplasmic protein and the ferritin mRNA regulates translation initiation.
- T-cell antigen receptors.
- A-431 cells and human keratinocytes synthesize and secrete the third component of complement.
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Actinic Keratosis
- Member American Academy of Dermatology
- Member Society for Investigative Dermatology - Secretary-Treasurer
- Member Emory Healthcare Network Physician
Dr. Stewart Wright Caughman MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
Dr. Stewart Wright Caughman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Caughman
- Treatments for Ringworm
What is ringworm?Ringworm is a common fungal infection of the skin. It is scientifically called as tinea corporis, and belongs to the group dermatophytes. Ringworm does not involve worms, as the name suggests. Instead, its name comes from the ring-like red patches that can occur on the arms, legs,...
- What Is MRSA Infection?
What is MRSA Infection ?MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) infection is a bacterial infection caused by Staphylococcus aureus that has become resistant to many of the antibiotics commonly used for the treatment of a staphylococcus infection (and is consequently called "the...
- What Are Fordyce Spots and What Causes Them?
What are Fordyce spots?Fordyce spots, also called as Fordyce glands or Fordyce granules, are enlarged sebaceous (oil) glands that are not associated with hair follicles. These spots are harmless and painless and are commonly seen inside the cheek's lining or on the edge of the lips. They are...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Eczema?
Eczema refers to the chronic condition caused by the inflammation of the skin. There are different types of eczema, and the most common type of eczema is atopic dermatitis. This condition is characterized by red, dry itchy skin, which often becomes cracked and can be found in different parts of the...
- Common Acne Myths
Severe acne can have a significant impact on one’s life, as well as with social relationships. It can affect a person’s self confidence and self-esteem, which can lead to depression in time. This is particularly true of teenagers and young adults.Acne can cause social phobia, fear of being...
- 6 Essential Beauty Tips
Lisa Ginn, MD, a cosmetic dermatologist in Chevy Chase, has a few tips to follow to achieve beauty.Wash your faceNever go to bed without cleaning the face is the first rule to be followed for glowing skin. Morning make up can stretch the pores in the skin and give an aging look to the skin. Using an...
- Dr. Joseph Payne MD5555 PEACHTREE DUNWOODY RD ATLANTA GA 30342-1710
- Dr. Keith D. Wright MD2383 Pate Street Snellville Georgia 30078
- Dr. Edmond I. Griffin M.D.5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342
- Dr. Kendra A. Cole M.D.3655 Howell Ferry Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Tiffani Hamilton MD11800 Atlantis Pl Alpharetta GA 30022
- Marian Claire Finan6095 Barfield Road Atlanta Georgia 30328