Dr. Michael Payne practices Radiation Oncology in SPRINGFIELD, IL. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Payne specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Dr. Michael Stephen Payne MD's Practice location
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62769Get Direction
Tulsa, OK 74133Get Direction
Dr. Michael Stephen Payne MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- How Is Bladder Cancer Diagnosed?
In case you have symptoms of bladder cancer such as the presence of blood in the urine, you should see your doctor immediately. Your doctor will use many tests to possibly diagnose a bladder cancer and will also find out how far it has spread. Sometimes, bladder cancer may have spread to other parts...
- What Is Stage 4 Bladder Cancer?
Stage 4 bladder cancer is a bladder cancer that has spread through the bladder wall. In this stage, cancer has also invaded the lymph nodes, abdominal wall, and other body organs. This type of cancer is also known as "metastatic" bladder cancer.Stage 4 bladder cancer applies to bladder cancer that...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- Dr. Daniel J Ferraro M.D., PHD701 N 1ST STREET SPRINGFIELD IL 62781
- Dr. Bruce Shevlin MD800 E Carpenter Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Christopher M Bradbury M.D., PH.D.701 N 1st St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Kimberly Sara Corbin M.D.701 N 1st St Springfield IL 62781
- Dr. Cathy L. Clausen M.D.800 E Carpenter St Springfield IL 62769
- Dr. Samuel Poriza Au M.D.301 N 8TH ST SPRINGFIELD IL 62701