Dr. James S Kemp MD
Pulmonologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Pulmonology1 CHILDRENS PL STE C SAINT LOUIS MO, 63110
Dr. James Kemp practices Pediatric Pulmonology in SAINT LOUIS, MO. Dr. Kemp treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1976
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Birth Defects
- Down Syndrome
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Cystic Fibrosis (cf)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
Dr. James S Kemp MD's Practice location
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. James S Kemp MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kemp
- Stridor in Children: Croup Is Not the Only Cause
Stridor is a high-pitched sound that is caused by a disrupted airflow. It is a sign of an upper airway obstruction that affects children more than adults. A disrupted airflow is caused by a blockage in the voice box (larynx) or windpipe (trachea). Stridor is most noticeable during inhalation, but...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the world. It is a leading cause of cancer death in men and women worldwide. Lung cancer defies classification as a single disease affecting just one organ. The warning signs and painful symptoms represent major systemic disorders in different parts...
- Chickenpox Vaccination Shows Indirect Benefits on Infants
Infants who are too young to receive a chickenpox vaccination are protected by the indirect benefits of routine vaccinations taken for older children, a new study shows. In 1995, a single dose of chickenpox vaccination was recommended for children older than one year. A second dose for this...
- Croup and Its Symptoms
Croup, a viral infection in children, is a condition that causes swelling of the vocal cords. The cause of croup is also the same virus that causes a normal cold. Croup can happen any time, but is very common during the winter. ...
- What Is Bibasilar Atelectasis?
IntroductionOur lungs are one of the hardest working organs in the body. Each minute, our lungs expand and contract up to 20 times. This is done to exchange carbon dioxide with oxygen. An obstruction in this process is called as bibasilar atelectasis, which is a life-threatening condition. It...
- Epinephrine for Quick Croup Relief
Croup is a childhood illness that can cause distress to children, especially at night. It is characterized by stridor and a barking cough. This viral condition results in laryngeal and tracheal swelling.Although most cases of croup are successfully managed at home, there are still cases where...
- Dr. Stuart Charles Sweet MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Christopher Thomas Towe M.D.1 Childrens Pl # 8116 Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Kurtis Todd Sobush M. D.1465 S Grand Blvd Saint Louis MO 63104
- Dr. Ferdinand Louis Coste DO1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Gary M Albers MD1465 S Grand Blvd Saint Louis MO 63104
- Dr. Jessica N Boyd MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110