Dr. Barry Rittmann is an infectious disease specialist practicing in NORFOLK, VA. Dr. Rittmann specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Dr. Barry John Rittmann M.D.'s Practice location
NORFOLK, VA 23507Get Direction
Dr. Barry John Rittmann M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is involved in a COVID-19 plasma donation?
One of the most promising and in-demand solutions for COVID-19 positive patients is convalescent plasma therapy. Many studies have proven how effective it is in decreasing the presence of the signs and symptoms of the disease. Not only that, but it has also been published that this particular...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What to do when you get positive COVID-19 results
With the alarming rise of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the United States, it is not impossible that you can also acquire the infection.As per the usual guidelines we see on the television or social media, you were told to monitor signs and symptoms like colds, runny nose, dry cough, the difficulty of...
- How Do People Get Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is found all over the world, with the only exception being Antarctica, which means that it is possible to get the disease virtually anywhere in the world.What Causes Lyme disease?The main cause of Lyme disease is a spirochetal bacteria found under the Borrelia genus collectively known...
- Lyme Disease: The Signs and Symptoms
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by a bacterium called as Borrelia burgdorferi. It is transmitted to humans via a common tick after feeding on human blood. In most affected individuals, the disease is acute, which is only lasting for a short period of time. But for the rest, the bacteria...
- How Does Convalescent Plasma Therapy Work?
Thanks to the clinical trials that have been carried out to find a solution for fighting the novel coronavirus, the statistics of recovered patients in the world are slowly rising. Worldwide, we have a 25% recovery rate. Although that is still far beyond our target which is 100%, we should still...
- Dr. Bogdan I Neughebauer M.D.850 Kempsville Rd Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Jeffrey Emmitt Harris M.D.11747 Jefferson Ave Newport News VA 23606
- Dr. Catherine Jane forbes Derber M.D.825 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Billy B Richmond MD6161 Kempsville Cir Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Ursula M Kelly MD825 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Michael Ward Cole DO825 Fairfax Ave Norfolk VA 23507