Dr. Leon Melvin Edelstein M.D.
Immunopathology1007 LIVE OAK BLVD YUBA CITY CA, 95991
Dr. Leon Edelstein is a pathologist practicing in YUBA CITY, CA. Dr. Edelstein is a doctor who specializes in the study of bodily fluids and tissues. As a pathologist, Dr. Edelstein can help your primary care doctor make a diagnosis about your medical condition. Dr. Edelstein may perform a tissue biopsy to determine if a patient has cancer, practice genetic testing, and complete a number of laboratory examinations. Pathologists can also perform autopsies which can determine a persons cause of death and gain information about genetic progression of a disease.
Education and Training
Univ of Southern Ca Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1959
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- Boston City Hosp, Dermatology; Mass Gen Hosp, Dermatology; Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Leon Melvin Edelstein M.D.'s Practice location
YUBA CITY, CA 95991Get Direction
Dr. Leon Melvin Edelstein M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Edelstein
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- How Does Dengue Fever Spread?
Dengue Fever is Caused by a VirusDengue fever is a viral disease common to tropical and subtropical countries where the weather is hot and humid for long stretches of the year. There are four strains of the virus - all belonging to the same family - that infect humans with dengue fever. A fifth...
- Mononucleosis: Am I Contagious Throughout the Duration of My Condition?
Mononucleosis is a disease that is spread through the Epstein-Barr virus. Specific details about the virus is still unknown. This virus is known to exhibit fatigue in people, accompanied by an aching body, swollen lymph nodes, and fever. This disease is known to be spread through saliva and other...
- Dr. Francisco J. Pestana D.M.D.1215 Plumas St Yuba City CA 95991
- Dr. Cynthia Winnifred Pettross M.D.726 4th St Marysville CA 95901
- Dr. Ana laura De la cruz M.D.7220 Central Ave SE Albuquerque NM 87108
- Dr. Billy Ricardo Pettross M.D.726 4th St Marysville CA 95901
- Dr. Alexandra Ilma Reichman M.D.726 4th Street Marysville CA 95901