Dr. Anna Powers is an internist practicing in CHICAGO, IL. Dr. Powers specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Powers provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Dr. Anna Marie Powers MD's Practice location
CHICAGO, IL 60612Get Direction
Dr. Anna Marie Powers MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Health Benefits of Biotin
What is biotin?Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin also known as vitamin B7. This vitamin is critical for an organism's growth and development. It also serves as a coenzyme of carboxylase enzymes and is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fatty acids, and amino acids. Biotin is required to...
- What is Listeriosis?
Listeriosis is a foodborne disease caused by the infection of the bacteria Listeria monocytogenes. This infection may cause severe symptoms in pregnant women and people who have a weak immune system. It may also affect newborns and the elderly. The symptoms are generally not very serious in the case...
- Reducing the Intensity of Pain with Mindful Mediation
A new brain imaging study has shown that meditation, even a brief instruction, helps to reduce the intensity of pain. Most of the participants of the study reported to have a reduction in pain after four 20-minute sessions of mindfulness meditation instructions....
- How Exactly Does Terbinafine Work to Treat Jock Itch?
What is terbinafine?Terbinafine is an antifungal that works by stopping fungi from growing. Topical terbinafine is used for the treatment of fungal skin infections, such as ringworm, jock itch, and athlete's foot. Oral terbinafine tablets are often prescribed when it comes to treating fungal...
- Did You Know That Bactrim Can Treat Multiple Infections?
Bacteria are microorganisms that thrive in the environment, but they are not always harmful. There are a number of vital functions that are performed by bacteria, which are essential for our day-to-day living. However, sometimes, these bacteria may leave harmful strains on or inside our body. When...
- What Is Oromandibular Dystonia?
Oromandibular DystoniaOromandibular dystonia is a type of focal dystonia. This condition is also called cranial dystonia, in which the face, jaw, or tongue forcefully contracts and becomes difficult to open and close the mouth. Thus, a person's speech and ability to chew are affected. Cranial...
- Mr. Demetrios John Giokaris MD4921 North Western Avenue Chicago Illinois 60625
- Dr. Ignatius Tang M.D.400-E Randolph St. Chicago IL 60601
- Dr. Jaroslaw Leszczak MD1875 Dempster Street Park Ridge Illinois 60068
- Dr. Haresh Sawlani M.D.3445 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60634
- Dr. Gretel Ruiz Jorge M.D.2601 W Main St Carbondale IL 62901
- Dr. Irma Kuptel MD1550 N. NW Highway Park Ridge Illinois 60068