Dr. Candice Lewis is a speech language pathologist practicing in HAMPTON, VA. Dr. Lewis specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Lewis evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Lewis helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Candice Lewis's Practice location
HAMPTON, VA 23669Get Direction
Candice Lewis's reviewsWrite Review
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Coping with a Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis
If you take an early action on the disease, then you will be able to deal with the symptoms. Above all, education and support enable you to live and fight the challenges that lay ahead. In addition to that, having a professional counselor is critical in designing a treatment plan for you. You not...
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Mrs. Elizabeth Concepcion Dunn MA CCC-SLP6401 AUBURN DR VIRGINIA BEACH VA 23464
- Amanda Metzger1209 DESTINY WAY CHEAPEAKE VA 23320
- Marian Kunz MS, CCC-SLP305 MARCELLA RD HAMPTON VA 23666
- Autumn Perkins M.S. CCC-SLP850 SOUTHAMPTON AVE NORFOLK VA 23510
- Janet Webb MA, CCC-SLP4016 RAINTREE RD CHESAPEAKE VA 23321
- Jordan Kenagy SLP4560 SOUTH BLVD VIRGINIA BEACH VA 23452