Dr. Justin Harvison is a speech language pathologist practicing in YORKTOWN, VA. Dr. Harvison specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Harvison evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Harvison helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Justin Harvison CCC-SLP's Practice location
YORKTOWN, VA 23692Get Direction
Justin Harvison CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Mrs. Delores Ann Acree MA CCC-SLP305 MARCELLA RD HAMPTON VA 23666
- Megan Heatwole M.S., CCC-SLP12465 WARWICK BLVD NEWPORT NEWS VA 23606
- Mrs. Mary Margaret Baum M.S., CCC-SLP11783 ROCK LANDING DR NEWPORT NEWS VA 23606
- Mrs. Elizabeth Cardwell Abeyounis MS-CCC, CERT AVT11783 ROCK LANDING DR FL 2 NEWPORT NEWS VA 23606
- Sara E. Lewis MS-SLP107 OXFORD CIR WILLIAMSBURG VA 23185
- Mrs. Shakima Bisa Nesbitt CCC-SLP264 SHERBROOKE DR NEWPORT NEWS VA 23602