Dr. Ruth Shook is a psychologist practicing in ROLLING MEADOWS, IL. Dr. Shook specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Shook evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Shook because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Ruth Lynn Shook PSY.D.'s Practice location
ROLLING MEADOWS, IL 60008Get Direction
Dr. Ruth Lynn Shook PSY.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Using Theatre to Act Through Autism and Bullying
Children with autism can have difficulties speaking with and interacting with other individuals. It can be stressful for them to comprehend what others think and feel. This, in turn, makes it difficult for them to express themselves to a full extent.For Jacob Redmon, who has Asperger’s syndrome,...
- Can I Prepare for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Trying out cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a decision one can make for himself, but you can get recommendations from someone or from your doctor. Getting started...
- X Factor Star Susan Boyle on Asperger's Diagnosis
In 2012, Scottish singer Susan Boyle was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome (AS). Before her diagnosis, Susan’s team believed that her ‘unpredictable’ and ‘eccentric’ behavior was due to her being a diva and hot-headed. They considered that she acted the way she did because she was...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- Can Porn Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
Introduction Erectile dysfunction is a man’s inability to maintain an erection during sexual activities. It may occasionally happen or may become a chronic or permanent problem. Erectile dysfunction may be due to the following psychological and physical causes:...
- The Need for Autism-Friendly Amusement Parks
While amusement parks are a source of a great time for many families all throughout the year, families who have members with autism have a bit of a harder time. With additional planning required, and occasionally not having the parks being sufficiently accommodating toward those with autism, many...
- Dr. James N. Watzke PH.D.1 South 376 Summit Ave Oakbrook Terrace IL 60181
- Dr. Camille Ference PHD1100 Lake St Oak Park Illinois 60301
- Dr. Brandi K. Boan PSYD6090 Strathmoor Rockford Illinois 61107
- Dr. Patricia R. Francis PSY.D.507 Thornhill Drive Carol Stream IL 60188
- Dr. Barbara M. Stock PH.D.2530 Crawford Ave Evanston IL 60201
- Dr. Carey Woodruff PH.D.201 E Park St Mundelein IL 60060