Dr. Katie Race is a speech language pathologist practicing in KNOXVILLE, TN. Dr. Race specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Race evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Race helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Katie Race M.S. CF SLP's Practice location
KNOXVILLE, TN 37923Get Direction
Katie Race M.S. CF SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Mrs. Amanda Erin Cox M.S., CCC-SLP9041 EXECUTIVE PARK DR STE 126 KNOXVILLE TN 37923
- Ann Brucker MA CCC-SLP912 S GAY ST KNOXVILLE TN 37902
- Mrs. Karen Lanice Chain SPEECH-PATHOLOGIST912 S GAY ST KNOXVILLE TN 37902
- Sara Buckley M.A., CCC-SLP9041 EXECUTIVE PARK DR KNOXVILLE TN 37923
- Alexis Jones M.A. CCC-SLP9041 EXECUTIVE PARK DR KNOXVILLE TN 37923
- Tracey Ward912 S GAY ST KNOXVILLE TN 37902