Dr. Damon Houghton is a cardiologist practicing in ROCHESTER, MN. Dr. Houghton specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Houghton also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Damon Eugene Houghton MD's Practice location
ROCHESTER, MN 55905Get Direction
Damon Eugene Houghton MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation also called A-Fib is a condition of the heart which causes irregular heartbeats or arrhythmia. It causes abnormal vibrations in the atria chamber of the heart and also the ventricle chamber. In a healthy human heart, the...
- What are the Methods to Lower Cholesterol Levels?
Worried about your cholesterol and triglyceride levels? Planning to take another blood test to check on your cholesterol levels? Did you get a warning from your physician regarding elevated levels of triglycerides and LDL (low density lipoproteins, the ‘bad’ cholesterol) cholesterol in your...
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While a lot think that this isn’t really anything to worry about, there are some studies that may link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea happens to be a very common sleeping disorder...
- Can Fatty Fish Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease?
A recent study has shown that young women may benefit by having fatty fish, as it provides protection against heart disease and stroke. According to researcher Marin Strom, PhD, Statens Serum Institut in Copenhagen, Denmark, even a modest intake of fishes that provide omega-3 fatty acids provide...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- What Is Ischemia? Treatment for Acute or Chronic Ischemia
What is ischemia?Ischemia is the medical term used to describe a lack of blood flow to certain organs or body parts. Since the blood carries oxygen and other necessary nutrients to parts of the body, when blow flow is reduced these body parts do not receive the adequate amount of oxygen and...
- Henna Kalsi M.D.2633 Superior Drive NW Rochester Minnesota 55901
- Sudhir S Kushwaha M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- Thomas W. Rooke M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905
- James J Milavetz MD5979 Fashion Blvd Salt Lake City UT 84107
- Nedaa Skeik MD920 E 28th St Minneapolis MN 55407
- Monique A Freund M.D.200 1st St SW Rochester MN 55905