Dr. Kayla Rhodes is a speech language pathologist practicing in RALEIGH, NC. Dr. Rhodes specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Rhodes evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Rhodes helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Kayla Rhodes SLP's Practice location
RALEIGH, NC 27603Get Direction
Kayla Rhodes SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Mrs. Jihan Hodges CCC-SLP141 N MAIN ST FUQUAY VARINA NC 27526
- Amy Unruh M.A., CCC-SLP875 WALNUT ST CARY NC 27511
- Jennifer R Dinunzio M.A., CCC-SLP3100 BLUE RIDGE RD RALEIGH NC 27612
- Mrs. Tara Renee Johnson M.S., CCC/SLP1995 E CORNELIUS HARNETT BLVD LILLINGTON NC 27546
- Mrs. Kelly Sandberg M.S. CCC/SLP1701 POINT OWOODS CT RALEIGH NC 27604
- Natalia Victoria Gomez CCC-SLP1102 BELFRY DR KNIGHTDALE NC 27545