Dr. Jonathan Thompson practices Radiation Oncology in LAFAYETTE, LA. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Thompson specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Dr. Jonathan William Thompson MD's Practice location
LAFAYETTE, LA 70508Get Direction
Dr. Jonathan William Thompson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Financially Managing Lymphoma Care
If you are living with lymphoma, one of your main concerns may be the payment charges that seem to be piling up too quickly. It can be stressful enough living with cancer, let alone having to worry about going into debt. For this reason, it is important to become aware of the different expenses...
- What Specialists Treat Testicular Cancer?
The type of cancer that affected the male sex organs, particularly the male gonads called the testes, was regarded as an incurable condition back in the 70s. Since then, advanced diagnostic tools, exceptional treatment methods, and refined therapies have elevated testicular cancer to the status of a...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- Radiation Therapy for Cancer
When it comes to cancer, the common treatments are chemotherapy and radiation therapy, which work by the use of X-rays, gamma rays, and charged particles. They are usually directed at the area where the cancer is growing. Radiation therapy is delivered through the use of machines and implants or by...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Dr. John Frederick Anderson MD5825 Airline Hwy Baton Rouge LA 70805
- Dr. Andrew R, Harwood M.D.917 General Mouton Ave Lafayette LA 70501
- Dr. Perri Prellop M.D.917 General Mouton Ave Lafayette LA 70501
- Dr. Julian J. Krawczyk M.D.917 General Mouton Ave Lafayette LA 70501
- Dr. Bahman Abraham Daneshfar M.D.917 General Mouton Ave Lafayette LA 70501
- Dr. Brent P Mahoney MD, PHD155 Hospital Dr Lafayette LA 70503