Dr. Alexa Mcdonough is a speech language pathologist practicing in GREENSBORO, NC. Dr. Mcdonough specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Mcdonough evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Mcdonough helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Alexa Rae Mcdonough's Practice location
GREENSBORO, NC 27405Get Direction
Alexa Rae Mcdonough's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Dysphagia?
IntroductionDysphagia is the medical term for difficulty swallowing. A person with dysphagia finds it more difficult to move liquid or food from the mouth to the stomach. Dysphagia is most likely caused by muscle and nerve problems. When food is swallowed, multiple muscles and nerves are...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Ms. Susan Slack Manning CCC SLP2239 WALKER AVE BURLINGTON NC 27215
- Jessica Roten Klamfoth MA CCC-SLP1730 KERNERSVILLE MEDICAL PKWY STE 201 KERNERSVILLE NC 27284
- Miss Margaret Jennifer Musser206 GREENSBORO RD HIGH POINT NC 27260
- Dr. Kelly Dailey Hall PH.D.109 PENNY ROAD GREENSBORO NC 27260
- Mrs. Lyn Bundy Mankoff MA300 FERGUSON BUILDING GREENSBORO NC 27402
- Kelly Blankenship SLP2500 N CHURCH ST GREENSBORO NC 27405