Dr. Michelle Depietro practices Occupational Medicine in CARLSBAD, CA. Dr. Depietro evaluates the interaction between work and health. Occupational medicine physicians have general knowledge of worksite operations and are familiar with the toxic properties of materials used by employees and the potential hazards and stressors of work processes; in addition to being qualified to determine an employees physical and emotional fitness for work; diagnosing and treating occupational diseases; handling work related injuries; and having an understanding of rehabilitation methods, health education techniques, sanitation, and workers compensation laws.
- Differences in kinematics and electromyographic activity between men and women during the single-legged squat.
- A traumatic pneumothorax as a result of a rib fracture in a college baseball player.
- Measures of accuracy for active shoulder movements at 3 different speeds with kinesthetic and visual feedback.
- Kinematic and EMG characteristics of simple shoulder movements with proprioception and visual feedback.
- Electromyographic analysis of hip rehabilitation exercises in a group of healthy subjects.
- Strength and fatigability of the dominant and nondominant hip abductors.
- Reliability of electromyographic normalization methods for evaluating the hip musculature.
- A kinetic chain approach for shoulder rehabilitation.
- A review of articular cartilage pathology and the use of glucosamine sulfate.
- Reliability of the three-dimensional pendulum test for able-bodied children and children diagnosed with cerebral palsy.
- Preventing and treating lower extremity stress reactions and fractures in adults.
- Functional fatigue and upper extremity sensorimotor system acuity in baseball athletes.
- Gabapentin suppresses spasticity in the spinal cord-injured rat.
- Recovery of upper extremity sensorimotor system acuity in baseball athletes after
Ms. Michelle Josephine Depietro OTR's Practice location
CARLSBAD, CA 92008Get Direction
Ms. Michelle Josephine Depietro OTR's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Avoid if You have Rheumatoid Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is an immune system disorder which affects the joints, the hands, and wrists. Common symptoms include pain in the joints (sometimes unbearable), swelling, and fever. These symptoms may develop over a period of time, usually months. This disease can cause inflammation around...
- What's so Wrong with Snoring? Why it's Important to Treat Sleep Apnea
Sleep is one of the crucial things you'll need to consider when it comes to regulating your health and staying energized. But, there may be some problems you face in the long run, may it be difficulty in sleeping or other types of disorders that can disturb your sleep. What about snoring? While...
- What are the Possible Side Effects of Methylprednisolone?
Methylprednisolone is a common drug that is recommended for a number of conditions like arthritis, blood-related problems, allergies, cancers, eye conditions, and various other medical conditions. Methylprednisolone helps in reducing the response of the immune system of the body to various triggers...
- What Are the Options for Preserving Fertility After Ovarian Cancer?
An ovarian cancer diagnosis is devastating. But if the diagnosis comes during family planning or even while thinking about having kids, it can bring up concerns about future fertility. Although being diagnosed with ovarian cancer and receiving treatment can affect the ability to become pregnant,...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...