Dr. Emily Schlitz fortenberry practices Neuropathology in BIRMINGHAM, AL. Dr. Schlitz fortenberry studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Dr. Emily Lane Schlitz fortenberry M.D.'s Practice location
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35233Get Direction
Dr. Emily Lane Schlitz fortenberry M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- Woman with Multiple Sclerosis Uses Her Brain Scans to Create Art
Imagine taking an illness that makes life incredibly difficult and turning it into art. It sounds like an impossible feat, but that is exactly what Kristy Stevens is doing.Stevens was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) 10 years ago and she felt like her life was over at the time. Diagnosis of a...
- Parkinson's Debate: Should Patients Really Be Considered Sick?
‘Sick’ is a word that gets tossed around fairly often when referring to people who are suffering from different types of disease, and while this word might be fitting for those that have come down with some sort of passing condition (flu, chicken pox, etc.), it might not be very appropriate when...
- The Keto Diet for Weight Loss
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, low-carb, adequate-protein diet that was designed by Dr. Russell Wilder in 1924. It became popular then for its effectiveness not only in treating epilepsy but in weight loss. After a few years, the popularity of the ketogenic diet began to wane as new...
- Being Bilingual is Advantageous for Alzheimer's Patients
One of the reasons why Alzheimer’s disease is an unwanted menace is the debilitating effects of it has that are widely manifested through symptoms that affect the mental and cognitive abilities of the victims. Imagine having a loved one who can no longer recall their first name, children or even...
- Knocking Out Parkinson's: How Boxing is Effective for Parkinson's Patients
Parkinson’s disease is a progressive disorder of the central system that primarily affects the motor system and movement capabilities of the patients. The symptoms of Parkinson’s disease usually appear slowly overtime but are generally dominated by shaking, rigidity, slowness when patients try...
- Dr. William E. Lievens M.D.4225 Narrow Lane Road Montgomery Alabama 36111
- Hisham Hakim MDMPH7500 Hugh Daniel Drive Birmingham Alabama 35242
- Dr. Toby Gropen MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Paul Andrew Sykes M.D., PH.D.52 Medical Park Drive E Birmingham AL 35235
- Dr. Jayne M Ness M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Mohammad Alsharabati MD16761 Southpark Ctr Strongsville OH 44136