Dr. Erica Newsome is a speech language pathologist practicing in GULFPORT, MS. Dr. Newsome specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Newsome evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Newsome helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Erica Jean Newsome's Practice location
GULFPORT, MS 39503Get Direction
Erica Jean Newsome's reviewsWrite Review
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- Marisa Bartelt M.S.400 VETERANS AVE BILOXI MS 39531
- Annette T. Fertitta CCC/SLP16237 OLD WOOLMARKET ROAD BILOXI MS 39532
- Traci Hydrick Collinsworth M.S., CCC-SLP14057 DUNNBARTON DR GULFPORT MS 39503
- Vikki Leggettt MS/CCC-SLP22 FLEETWOOD PL OCEAN SPRINGS MS 39564
- Ms. Kimberly Breland M.ED CCC/SLP18030 CYPRESS POINTE DR GULFPORT MS 39503
- Janice Victoria Shook M.S.,CCC-SLP119 OLSON AVE LONG BEACH MS 39560