Dr. Gregory Pfister practices Pulmonology in LOUISVILLE, KY. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Pfister manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. Gregory J Pfister M.D.'s Practice location
LOUISVILLE, KY 40202Get Direction
Dr. Gregory J Pfister M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- What is Tuberculosis?
Tuberculosis, or TB, is a bacterial infection that spreads by breathing droplets of sputum containing the infectious organism. It mainly affects the lungs but may also reach other parts of the body, like bones and nervous system, as the bacteria may spread through lymph nodes and the blood stream. A...
- Dancing Through the Shadows: Julian Benson Shares Struggle with Cystic Fibrosis
Julian Benson is one of Ireland’s leading choreographers and talent agents. He’s the man with the sequined jackets and a louder than life personality. So of course he would be a fan-favorite judge of RTE’s Dancing With The Stars.Julian received his training at the Performing Arts School of...
- Cystic Fibrosis: A Day in the Life
Everyday tasks like walking up a set of stairs can be a daunting and debilitating endeavor for individuals with cystic fibrosis. The progressive, lifelong illness causes thick mucus to build up on the inside of critical organs, most notably the lungs. People who live with cystic fibrosis are...
- Bronchiolitis – Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
What is Bronchiolitis?Bronchiolitis is a viral infection of the respiratory system, usually affecting the smallest air passages known as the bronchioles. Bronchioles are part of the lungs that control the airflow in and out of the lungs. When these bronchioles become infected, they tend to swell and...
- Can Pleurisy Destroy My Lungs?
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy is the inflammation of the thin pleural membranes that line the lungs.What happens in pleurisy?A thin membrane called the pleura lines your lungs. The pleura are double-layered membranes that line your lungs as well as the inner aspect of the chest wall. Between these...
- Dr. Ervin H. Anaya M.D.4003 Kresge Way Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Abid S. Butt M.D.521 Moye Blvd Greenville NC 27834
- Dr. Jinesh Mehta M.D.201 Abraham Flexner Way Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Mhd Haitham Chaker MD250 E Liberty St Louisville KY 40202
- Dr. Barry S Stoler MD4003 Kresge Way Louisville KY 40207
- Dr. Allan Marvin Ramirez M.D.1364 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322