Dr. Melanie Flannery practices Occupational Medicine in OAK BROOK, IL. Dr. Flannery evaluates the interaction between work and health. Occupational medicine physicians have general knowledge of worksite operations and are familiar with the toxic properties of materials used by employees and the potential hazards and stressors of work processes; in addition to being qualified to determine an employees physical and emotional fitness for work; diagnosing and treating occupational diseases; handling work related injuries; and having an understanding of rehabilitation methods, health education techniques, sanitation, and workers compensation laws.
- Sulphur metabolism and excretion studies in ruminants. XI. Cycling of 35 S to the caecum and colon and the influence of the hindgut on sulphur excretion.
- Sulphur metabolism and excretion studies in ruminants. IX. Sulphur, nitrogen, and energy utilization by sheep fed a sulphur-deficient and a sulphate-supplemented, roughage-based diet.
- Sulphur metabolism and excretion studies in ruminants. X. Sulphide toxicity in sheep.
- Sulphur metabolism and excretion studies in ruminants. XII. Nitrogen and sulphur composition of ruminal bacteria.
- Sulphur metabolism and excretion studies in ruminants. V. Ruminal desulphuration of methionine and cyst(e)ine.
- Sulphur metabolism and excretion studies in ruminants. VI. The digestibility and utilization by sheep of 35 S from 35 S from 35 S-labelled ruminal microorganisms.
- Sulphur metabolism and excretion studies in ruminants. VII. Secretion of sulphur and nitrogen in sheep pancreatic and bile fluids.
- Sulphur metabolism and excretion studies in ruminants. II. Organic and inorganic sulphur excretion by sheep after intraruminal or intraduodenal infusions of sodium sulphate.
- A methods for the determination of sulphur in some biological materials.
- Synthetic lecithins containing one short-chain fatty acid and their breakdown by phospholipase A.
Melanie A Flannery MOT's Practice location
OAK BROOK, IL 60523Get Direction
Melanie A Flannery MOT's reviewsWrite Review
- 'Robocop' Stem Cells Developed to Fight Cancer
Cancer is the second-leading cause of death in the United States, although due to several advancements in cancer screening and treatment, survival rates have begun to improve.A new cancer therapyResearchers at the University of Minnesota and Mayo Clinic have developed a new type of cancer therapy...
- Comparative Value of PARP Inhibitors is Lacking, According to ICER Report
The Institute for Clinical and Economic Review, also known as ICER, is a non-profit organization that analyzes the value of new medical tests, treatments, and drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The goal of ICER is to use the value of these innovations and develop reports...
- Carol Burnett's Beloved Sidekick, Tim Conway, Is Battling Dementia
A person's age or status does not matter when dementia is in the picture. Dementia is a blanket term for deterioration in mental and cognitive ability. Over time, dementia can progress enough to interfere with someone's daily life. ...
- What Are the Options for Preserving Fertility After Ovarian Cancer?
An ovarian cancer diagnosis is devastating. But if the diagnosis comes during family planning or even while thinking about having kids, it can bring up concerns about future fertility. Although being diagnosed with ovarian cancer and receiving treatment can affect the ability to become pregnant,...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...