Dr. Jesal Popat is a cardiologist practicing in TAMPA, FL. Dr. Popat specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Popat also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of Central Florida College of Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2013
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease- 2016
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Angiogram / Stenting Treatment
- Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
- Stress Echocardiography
- Nuclear Stress Test (treadmill And Non-walking)
- Exercise / Nutrition
- Venous Closure
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Member American College of Cardiology 2013
Jesal V Popat MD's Practice location
TAMPA, FL 33607Get Direction
Tampa, FL 33607Get Direction
Jesal V Popat MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Difference Between Arteries and Veins
Through closed vessels the closed circulatory system transports blood. This includes the arteries, veins, and the capillaries. Blood vessels that start from the heart are arteries and vessels that carry blood back to the heart are veins.ArteriesArteries are located deep in the body and have thick...
- The Diabetic's Connection to Heart Disease
Many already know that diabetes has a deep connection with heart disease, but a lot aren't sure about why or how. However, according to several studies, high blood glucose levels are a key contributor to this connection. High levels of blood glucose, or sugar, will often result in damage to the...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Can Fatty Fish Reduce Your Risk of Heart Disease?
A recent study has shown that young women may benefit by having fatty fish, as it provides protection against heart disease and stroke. According to researcher Marin Strom, PhD, Statens Serum Institut in Copenhagen, Denmark, even a modest intake of fishes that provide omega-3 fatty acids provide...
- What Is Ischemia? Treatment for Acute or Chronic Ischemia
What is ischemia?Ischemia is the medical term used to describe a lack of blood flow to certain organs or body parts. Since the blood carries oxygen and other necessary nutrients to parts of the body, when blow flow is reduced these body parts do not receive the adequate amount of oxygen and...
- What is the DASH diet?
DASH, or Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, is a flexible eating plan developed by experts to lower blood pressure. Although the diet was developed for people with hypertension, it was found to be effective in losing weight, and also in reducing diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and other health...
- Melvin W. Young21199A Clubside Drive Boca Raton Florida 33434
- Asad Sawar MD3010 E 138th Ave Tampa FL 33613
- Joel Fernandez M.D.509 S Armenia Ave Tampa FL 33609
- Sendhil K Krishnan MD, FACC12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa FL 33612
- Yasmin N Amin M.D.1301 2nd Ave Sw Largo FL 33770
- Eduardo Enrique Pascual M.D.3000 Medical Park Dr Tampa FL 33613