Dr. Dustin Tompkins is an internist practicing in NIXA, MO. Dr. Tompkins specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Tompkins provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine 2011
- High Cholesterol
- Back Pain
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Ohio State University Hospital Program
Dustin Ryan Tompkins D.O.'s Practice location
NIXA, MO 65714Get Direction
Dustin Ryan Tompkins D.O.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tompkins
- What Is Mupirocin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Interactions
Generic Name: Mupirocin TopicalBrand Name(s): Bactroban, Centany AT Kit or CentanyWhat is mupirocin?Mupirocin topical is an antibiotic used to prevent the growth of bacteria on the skin. This topical antibiotic is often used for the treatment of impetigo and other skin infections caused by Staph...
- Are Creatine Supplements Necessary?
Creatine, the popular chemical among athletes for enhanced performance, can be obtained from any normal diet. This chemical is also manufactured naturally in the body, and it can help create energy from the food an individual consumes. Although it is a popular choice among athletes, there is no...
- What Are the Treatment Options Available for Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is a condition that occurs due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. There are two types of bronchitis: acute and chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a viral infection or in some cases, 10 percent by a bacterial infection. Chronic bronchitis, on the other hand, is a...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Health Benefits of Biotin
What is biotin?Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin also known as vitamin B7. This vitamin is critical for an organism's growth and development. It also serves as a coenzyme of carboxylase enzymes and is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fatty acids, and amino acids. Biotin is required to...
- Viral vs. Bacterial Infections: Know the Difference
IntroductionBoth bacterial and viral infections are caused by microbes, such as bacteria and viruses. These microbes are spread through the following:...
- Dr. Steven K Bowlin M.D.2115 S Fremont Ave Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. Martin J Schudy MD1001 E Primrose St Springfield MO 65807
- Dr. Norman P Knowlton M.D.3800 S National Ave Springfield MO 65807
- Dr. Thomas W. Rossiter MD3231 S National Ave Springfield MO 65807
- Dr. Rajamanikkam Anandarajah MD1965 S Fremont Ave Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. William K. Taylor MD2115 S Fremont Ave Springfield MO 65804