Dr. Melissa Jones is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in NATCHEZ, MS. Dr. Jones specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Jones can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Jones can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
St. George's University School of Medicine
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. Melissa Jones MD's Practice location
NATCHEZ, MS 39120Get Direction
Dr. Melissa Jones MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Holistic Treatments for Vaginitis
The inflammation of the vagina is what is known as vaginitis. The most common types take place when too much of certain kinds of bacteria or fungi grow, upsetting the vagina's delicate balance.Normally, some bacteria are present in the area around the vagina. An infection can develop when levels of...
- Swollen Ankles in Pregnancy – How to Avoid It?
Why do ankles swell in pregnancy?During pregnancy, you experience many changes to sustain the growing fetus inside your body. One of the changes is the increase in the blood volume, which occurs because your body has to carry blood for yourself and for another growing baby. For this reason, your...
- Moderate Exercise May Increase the Chances of Conception
Moderate physical activity may help make a woman fertile, but rigorous exercise may delay the efforts, reports a new study. The study examined the effect of exercise on fertility, and showed that intense physical activity increases the time for conception in women who are of normal body weight,...
- How Can You Induce Labor Naturally?
If you are in your third trimester of pregnancy, you may be thinking of ways to avoid a medically induced labor. There is a multitude of different techniques to utilize to naturally induce labor, if you do not prefer medically inducing labor. However, there is no proof that these methods are...
- Chlamydia in Women
What Is Chlamydia?Chlamydia is considered to be the most common sexually transmitted disease in the U.S. The disease is more commonly found in women than in men. It is an infection mainly caused by the bacteria known as Chlamydia trachomatis. Chlamydia is similar to gonorrhea, having a similar...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer seen in women, and may lead to surgery, impaired body image and sexuality, and sometimes death. Breast self-examination is ideal for women to understand what is normal, and to spot any changes that may need physician’s attention. Any unusual changes...
- Dr. Beverly Ray Love MD46 Sgt. Prentiss Drive Natchez Mississippi 39120
- Dr. Bernadette Sherman M.D.225 Community Drive Fayette MS 39069
- Dr. Mary Susan Henderson M.D.201 Ee Wallace Blvd N Ferriday LA 71334
- Dr. Duncan Franklin Guedon M.D.46 Sergeant Prentiss Dr Natchez MS 39120
- Dr. Floyd Thomas Carey M.D.136 Jefferson Davis Blvd Natchez MS 39120
- Dr. Latoya Renee Walker M.D.1945 Route 33 Neptune NJ 07753