Dr. Shelley Driscoll is a speech language pathologist practicing in PEMBERTON, NJ. Dr. Driscoll specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Driscoll evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Driscoll helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Shelley Driscoll's Practice location
PEMBERTON, NJ 08068Get Direction
Shelley Driscoll's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- David Gerst CCC-SLP7 CARNEGIE PLZ CHERRY HILL NJ 08003
- Jennifer Drucis M.S.9004 LINCOLN DR W STE F MARLTON NJ 08053
- Carol W Carpenter SLP513 HILLCREST AVE MORRISVILLE PA 19067
- Stephanie Weinberg M.A. CF-SLP3002 D LINCOLN DRIVE WEST MARLTON NJ 08053
- Mrs. Mindy Myers Fox MA CCC520 GARWOOD DR CHERRY HILL NJ 08003
- Lindsay Warlow7 CARNEGIE PLZ CHERRY HILL NJ 08003