Dr. Lisa Ely is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in SILVER SPRING, MD. Dr. Ely specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Ely can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Ely can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Lisa Kirsten Ely MD's Practice location
SILVER SPRING, MD 20910Get Direction
Lisa Kirsten Ely MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- Signs and Symptoms of Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a common sexually transmitted disease (STD). It is a disease that causes sores or blisters, especially on the genital areas. This STD is the result of type 2 herpes simplex virus, or HSV2. Sometimes genital herpes is the result of the strand of the herpes simplex virus that causes...
- How Is Cervical Cancer Diagnosed?
Cervical cancer is a form of cancer which develops in the cervix. The cervix is the lower part of the uterus which connects to the vagina. The cause of cervical cancer is thought to be various strains of human papilloma virus (HPV), a sexually transmitted infection. The human papilloma virus can...
- What Are the Causes of Cervical Cancer?
Cervical cancer is a form of cancer that affects the cells in the cervix. It is also known to be the third most common cancer in females. It is a treatable condition if detected at its early stage. Cervical cancer is also the most common cancer type in females who are under 35 years old. There are...
- Low-Dose Aspirin May Cut Ovarian Cancer Risk
Aspirin, a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, can help with many health problems. It can reduce fever, ease pain, and even prevent a heart attack or stroke. For some time now researchers have looked into the connection between aspirin and cancer prevention. ...
- Is Endometriosis Hereditary?
Endometriosis is a serious gynecological condition that affects the whole female reproductive system. There are many possible causes for this condition and the genetic factor is one of them. Visit your gynecologist if you have any of these symptoms:...
- Dr. Navita Modi7525 Greenway Center Drive Lanham MD 20770
- Dr. Mejebi T Mayor MD1160 Varnum St Ne Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Rony Tanios Elias M.D.1305 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Kerry Ann Hudson MD8901 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda Maryland 20889
- Dr. Glynn M. Thompson MD655 Watkins Mill Road Gaithersburg MD 20879
- Dr. Steve Yu M.D.8911 Shady Grove Ct Gaithersburg MD 20877