Dr. Alexandros Briasoulis is a cardiologist practicing in IOWA CITY, IA. Dr. Briasoulis specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Briasoulis also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Alexandros Briasoulis M.D.'s Practice location
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Alexandros Briasoulis M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is a group of disorders that cause skeletal muscle degeneration, decreased flexibility, and progressive weakness. In muscular dystrophy, the abnormal mutation of genes interferes with the production of proteins, which are needed for healthy muscle...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- What is Systemic Lupus Erythematosus?
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a chronic autoimmune disease that affects several systems of our body. SLE is also known as discoid lupus or disseminated lupus erythematosus. How common is SLE? Out of all the types of lupus, SLE is the most common form. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is a very common...
- How to Properly Recover from Heart Surgery
The first few weeks after a heart surgery are usually eventful and difficult. As time passes, life becomes easier with lesser discomfort, if postoperative precautions are followed stringently. The most important thing that a patient should realize is that he himself is responsible for quick healing....
- The Diabetic's Connection to Heart Disease
Many already know that diabetes has a deep connection with heart disease, but a lot aren't sure about why or how. However, according to several studies, high blood glucose levels are a key contributor to this connection. High levels of blood glucose, or sugar, will often result in damage to the...
- Can Sleep Apnea Cause an Irregular Heartbeat?
There are numerous people who complain about waking up with a fast-beating heart. While some think this isn’t anything to worry about, there are studies that link waking up with an irregular heartbeat to sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a very common sleeping disorder that is very alarming. In fact,...
- Barry London MD200 Hawkins Drive Iowa City Iowa 52242
- Christopher John Berry MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- John P Mehegan MD540 E Jefferson St Iowa City IA 52245
- Lawrence Horwitz MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Paul D Lindower MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Hjalti Gudmundsson M.D.1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601