Dr. Avra Laarakker practices Neurological Surgery in ALBUQUERQUE, NM. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Laarakker prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Dr. Avra Sophia saskia Laarakker M.D, M.SC, B.ED's Practice location
ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87131Get Direction
Dr. Avra Sophia saskia Laarakker M.D, M.SC, B.ED's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery?
Spinal surgery usually requires that the surgeon makes a relatively huge incision on the patient’s back in order to have complete access to the spinal vertebrae. This is the usual procedure in dealing with defects of the spine, and it has been so because of the delicate nature of the...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Dr. Paul Kaloostian MDUnm Hospital Neurological Surgery Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Muhammad Omar Chohan M.D.1 University of New Mexico Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Christopher Taylor MD2nd Ambulatory Care Ctr Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Hoan Phan Tran MDUnm Hospital Neurological Surgery Albuquerque NM 87131
- Dr. Peter C. Shin M.D.MSC 10 5615 ALBUQUERQUE NM 87131
- Dr. Suguna Pappu MDUnm Hospital Surgery Albuquerque NM 87131