Dr. Payam Benson, MD
Internist99 NJ-37 1 West Toms River NJ, 08755
Dr. Payam Benson is an internist/ nephrologist practicing in NJ. Dr. Benson specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Benson provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Nephrology (Internal Medicine)
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2010
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Regional Medical Director RWJBH- hospitaslit 2017 - Present
- Designated Institutional Officials (DIO) Prime Heath Care at St. Mary's and St. Clare 2018 - Present
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine Touro Medical School 2015 - Present
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine St. George Medical School 2019 - Present
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Nephrology
- NEPHROLOGY, UMDNJ-NEW JERSEY MEDICAL SCHOOL, NEWARK, NJ (2010-)
- UMDNJ-Newark NJ
- UMDNJ-Newark NJ
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Phoenix AZ
Favorite professional publications
Areas of research
Role and Remdesivir treatment in pateint infected with COVID 19.
Dr. Payam Benson, MD's Practice location
Toms River, NJ 08755Get Direction
- Why do I have Chronic Fatigue?
“People often come to doctors because of chronic tiredness. It is one of the most common complaints that bring them to the doctor”, says J. Fred Ralston Jr., MD, an internist practicing in western Tennessee and past president of the American College of Physicians. Ralston adds that there are...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- Tylenol-Codeine Side Effects
OverviewTylenol (acetaminophen) and codeine are used for the treatment of mild to moderate pain. Aside from pain, acetaminophen is also used to reduce fever. Tylenol is not a habit-forming drug. However, when this drug is taken in large dosages, serious liver damage including other negative side...
- Different Blood Types and What They Mean
The ABO (A, B, AB, or O) blood group system is used to classify different types of antibodies in the plasma and antigens in the red blood cells (RBCs). The ABO blood group and RhD antigen determine the type of blood that is a perfect match for blood transfusions. The four ABO blood groups are: ...
- Atarax for Nausea
Atarax Atarax is a prescription medication that belongs to the class of antihistamines. This drug blocks histamine, which is a chemical produced during an allergic reaction. The activity taking place in the central nervous system is also reduced when this drug is taken. Atarax is also used as a...
- Can Microchips Administer Medication?
A new idea of having an implantable microchip to deliver drugs on medication may replace daily injections and improve patient compliance in treatments. The new programmable device, discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), was tested on humans and the results...
- Dr. Brent Alan Reinheimer MD201 Schley Ave Toms River NJ 08755
- Dr. Elena Ronquillo Buenviaje M.D.65 LACEY RD WHITING NJ 08759
- Dr. Bernard Ogon M.D1001 W Main St Freehold NJ 07728
- Dr. Abolghassem Garmkhorani M.D.3333 US Highway 9 Freehold New Jersey 07728
- Dr. Anil Sharma MD1967 Nj-34 Wall Township FL 07719
- Dr. Rekha Gohel M.D.318 PROFESSIONAL VIEW DR FREEHOLD NJ 07728