Natalie Kohlhaas, LPC, NCC, CPCS
Counseling | Mental Health6000 Shakerag Hl Ste 314 Peachtree City GA, 30269
Natalie Kohlhaas brings over 25 years of experience to the table. With their wealth of knowledge and expertise, they have helped countless individuals overcome their anxiety and regain control of their lives.
Natalie has extensive experience but also a genuine care and compassion for her patients. She understand that anxiety can be debilitating and overwhelming, and she is committed to making a difference in the lives of those who seek her help.
You can rest assured knowing that you are in capable hands. Natalie Kohlhaas will work closely with you to develop personalized strategies and techniques to manage your anxiety effectively. She will provide guidance, support, and practical tools that empower you to overcome your fears and lead a more fulfilling life.
Don't let anxiety hold you back any longer. Take the first step towards a brighter future by scheduling an appointment. Together, we can make a difference in your journey towards emotional well-being.
Education and Training
Argosy University; Georgia School of Professional Psychology M.A. Psychology; Counseling 1997
University of Georgia B.S. Psychology 1987
Oxford College of Emory University Psychology 1984
The Wellness Institute Clinical Hypnotherapist; Behavioral Clinical Hypnotherapy 0
Licensed Professional Counselor (Georgia) as of March 12
Certified Clinical Behavioral-Hypnotherapist as of 1998
National Board-Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy 2018-2021
Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor as of September 2018
Certified Fellow in Clinical Hypnotherapy
Clinical certification for Behavioral Heart Centered Hypnotherapy as of 1998
Certified Hypnosis Trainer – National Guild Hypnosis
Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia
Certified Clinical Behavioral Hypnotherapist • The Wellness Institute
Certified Specialist in Hypnosis and PTSD
Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor
Composite Board of Professional Counselors
National Board for Certified Counselors
Chi Sigma Iota 1997
Hypnosis Instructor 2022
Master Level Counselor with a Specialist in Counseling
Licensed Professional Counselor
Natalie Kohlhaas, LPC, NCC, CPCS's Expert Contributions
Experiencing heart palpitations, such as irregular or racing heartbeats, can be indicative of various anxiety disorders like generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, and more. It's important to recognize these symptoms and seek appropriate coaching assistance with your...
While every individual's experience with depression may differ, CBT has shown promising results in numerous studies. It offers a structured approach that focuses on tangible goals and techniques tailored to each person's unique needs. If you or someone you know is struggling with depression, reaching out to a trained therapist who specializes in CBT can be an important step towards finding relief and building resilience. Remember, seeking help is a sign of strength, and there are professionals ready to support you on your path to recovery. READ MORE
Yes. Understanding how this diagnosis is effecting your perception and how tension and stress effects you is essential. A psychotherapist can provide new skills and understanding to move them into better control. READ MORE
Yes. Working with an anxiety specialist is the best way forward. Understanding how to manage and feel control is essential for anyone who has panic attacks. The newest information about anxiety and fear will need to be explored so you can be comfortable in your own skin. READ MORE
Working with a trainer professional can make phobias things of the past. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and restructuring your thoughts can help you move towards freedom and choice yet it is very important you work with someone who can align your feelings and your thoughts so you can chose the best way forward. Brainspotting and hypnosis will allow this to happen. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Founder / Clinical Director Serenity Tree Senoia 2018 - Present
- Clinical Director / Owner / Psychotherapist Integrative Mental Health Counseling 2016 - Present
- Board Member of Vice President Family Services; Advisory Therpist Valor Institute 2008 - 2012
- Managing Partner/Co-Owner Center for Psychological Wellbeing 2000 - 2002
- Licensed Professional Counselor Charter Peachford Physician Practice 1998 - 2000
- Family Therapist Transitional Family Services 2000 - 2001
- Associate Director of Outpatient Hospitalization Counselor Anxiety Disorder Institute 1996 - 1997
- • Book Fest Author Award 2023 Health and Wellness Psychology
- Top Doctor Award 2023 Psychology/ Counselors
- Professional member of the American Hypnosis Association
- Licensed Professional Counselors Association
- National Board-Certified Counselors
- Southeast Brainspotting Institute
- American Hypnosis Association
- National Thespian Society
- Georgia Honor Council
- South Metro Mental Health Network
- American Counselors Association
- Licensed Professional Counselor Association of Georgia
- National Guild of Hypnotists
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- LPC Association of Georgia; Board Member Supervision; Jan 2021 - Present
- South Metro Mental Health Network; Board Director (Secretary); Jan 2019 – December 2019
- Southside Theatre Guild; Executive Board Committee Director; June 2015 – June 2018
- Troop 279, BSA; Board Committee Member at Large Merit Badge Counselor; Jan 2012 – 2022
- Troop 75, BSA Committee Member Aug 2009 – Jan 2012
- Pack 75, BSA Board Director (Treasure) Crossover Committee Director; Aug 2007 – Aug 2009
- Grant Park Co-Operative Preschool Consulting Psychologist Aug 2000 – July 2005
- Atlanta Anxiety Institute
Professional Society Memberships
- American Counseling Association, National Guild of Hypnotists, Licensed Professional Counselors Association of Georgia, Chi Sigma Ioti Honor Society
Articles and Publications
- https://www.amazon.com/Hello-Anxiety-Old-Friend-Superpower/dp/1665305398she received BOOKFEST 2023 AWARD FOR THIS BOOK
What do you attribute your success to?
- Caring for people\'s wellbeing, seeing them succeed without anxiety.
Teaching and speaking
- Understanding Dissociation; The Interplay of Affect and Emotion. 2008.Online Publishing. Valor Online Learning Program. Valor.com Understanding the Dissociation: The Impact of Trauma 2008.Online Publishing. Valor Online Learning Program. Valor.comWhat is Dissociation 2008.Continuing Education Presenter. Therapist as Partners, Best Practice Forum, Atlanta MarriotDeveloping and Strengthening Internal System Teams. January 30, 2009Continuing Education Presentation. South Metro MH/SA Anatomy of Anxiety. May 18, 2018Continuing Education Presenter. Serenity House Senoia, Serenity Tree HouseInvest In Yourself: Love Money and Ethics. June 16, 2018Continuing Education Presenter. Serenity House Senoia, Serenity Tree HouseInvest In Yourself: Love Money and Ethics. August 24, 2018Panel Member Wellness Event. AVPRIDE. July 2022 Worth, M. (2016, August 3). Kohlhaas Offers Options for Change and Healing. The Citizen, pp. B1, B2.Worth, M. (2016, October). Kohlhaas Offers options for change and healing. The Citizen Mail, p. 5.Worth, M. (2016, December 28). Tis the seasonal anxiety & depression. The Citizen, p. B1.Kohlhaas, N. (2017, February 22). Alone? Overwhelmed? Change is possible. The Citizen, p. B4.Kohlhaas, N. (2017, April 26). Is your child overwhelmed with school. The Citizen, p B3.Kohlhaas, N. (2017, August 23). You are a Super Hero. The Citizen, p. B4.Whetham, R. (2018, September 21). Brainspotting and Natalie Kohlhaas. TuneIn Radio iHeart Radio. WABMFM. New York.Coughlin, M. (2019, October). Heros in Healthcare: Physical Healing Through Mental Peace. Fayette Woman, p 56.Wells, Marissa (2022, November 17). BOOK CORNER: Therapist addresses fear and anxiety in new book. https://wavepublication.com/book-corner-therapist-addresses-fear-and-anxiety-in-new-book/Life, W. (2022, December 8). Exclusive Interview with Author Natalie Kohlhaas. Writerslife. https://www.writerslifemag.com/single-post/exclusive-interview-with-author-natalie-kohlhaasRhyne, L. ( 2022, December 13). Hello Anxiety My Old Friend. by Kick off your shoes with the barefoot therapist. Spotify for Podcasters. https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/lei-rhyne/episodes/Hello-Anxiety-My-Old-Friend-e1s72nuNappo, M. (2022, December 13). MinddogTV Your Minds Best Friend: Hello Anxiety My Old Friend: Natalie Kohlhaas on Apple Podcasts. Retrieved December 30, 2022, from Apple Podcasts website: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hello-anxiety-my-old-friend-natalie-kohlhaas/id1483243385?i=1000590106087 ABC. (2023, January 4). Make Anxiety Your Superpower. KATU. AFL Portland. https://katu.com/afternoon-live/books-authors/make-anxiety-your-superpowerwusa9.com (2023, January 9) How to harness anxiety to your benefit. wusa9.com. How to harness anxiety to your benefit | wusa9.comFalls, Heather. (2023, January 11). Focus at Four: Make anxiety your superpower. KBTX First News at Four. Focus at Four: Make anxiety your superpower (kbtx.com)Lycka, A. ( 2023, Jan 13). How To Live A Fantastic Life Michael Stein & Natalie Kohlhaas AMFM247 Broadcasting. https://amfm247.com/amfm247/2023/01/13/how-to-live-a-fantastic-life-michael-stein-natalie-kohlhaas/Fox News WTVA CH 9. (2023, January 27). Interview: Psychotherapist discusses how to use anxiety as a superpower WTVA 9 News. https://www.wtva.com/video/interview-psychotherapist-discusses-how-to-use-anxiety-as-a-superpower/video_69e84ed2-145f-53b7-a284-52e49cc9541b.htmlProducer, R. H. J. (2023, January 29). How You Can Make Anxiety Your Best Friend. Radio Health Journal. https://radiohealthjournal.org/how-you-can-make-anxiety-your-best-friend/Roberts, C. (2023, January 31). AnxieTea Time PART ONE. Going through Something with Carnell Roberts. Open.spotify.com. https://open.spotify.com/episode/6zAwWM0EtUPFt1t9H0NLtb?si=wDqRV0W-QJO5IH9AxSXs_Q&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A3G9RTBPOCNmQiBtjuGEvBp&nd=1Roberts, C. (2023, January 31). AnxieTea Time PART TWO. Going through Something with Carnell Roberts.Open.spotify.com. https://open.spotify.com/episode/0US1wFAmgMPvtsVdpomLyRReports, S. (2023, February 2). UnPHILtered: Using anxiety as a tool against fear. WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic. https://www.wishtv.com/news/unphiltered/unphiltered-using-anxiety-as-a-tool-against-fear/ABC CH 20. (2023, February 7). How you can help manage your own anxiety. Www.youtube.com. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68uxud28TMEMontgomery, G. (2023, February 15). UnPHILtered: Handling relationship anxiety. WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic. https://www.wishtv.com/news/unphiltered-handling-relationship-anxiety/Vozza, S. (2023, March 9). How to politely interrupt someone. Fast Company. https://www.fastcompany.com/90862199/how-to-politely-interrupt-someoneAdkins, J. (2023, March 2). Author joins All Indiana to talk about relationship anxiety. WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic. https://www.wishtv.com/news/allindiana/author-joins-all-indiana-to-talk-about-relationship-anxiety/Vozza S.(2023, March 14). Como interromper a fala de algum sem parecer mal-educado. Fast Company Brasil. Published March 14, 2023https://fastcompanybrasil.com/worklife/como-interromper-a-fala-de-alguem-sem-parecer-mal-educado/Campano, L. (2023, March 16). What Does Love Feel Like? The Experts Weigh In. Seventeen. https://www.seventeen.com/love/dating-advice/a43128834/what-does-love-feel-like/Coleman., C. (2023, March 27). The Douglas Coleman. Show w Peter Vekselman and Natalie Kohlhaas. Www.youtube.com. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyslWrDeAksKohlhaas, Natalie. (2023, April 14) Exclusive Excerpt from Hello Anxiety, My Old Friend: Women Writers, Women's Books Exclusive Excerpt from Hello Anxiety, My Old Friend : Women Writers, Women's Books Scogna, N. (2023, May 29). From Trauma to Triumph with Natalie Kohlhaas - The Holistic Monitor Podcast #31 by The Holistic Monitor. Spotify for Podcasters. https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/show/the-holistic-monitor/episodes/From-Trauma-to-Triumph-with-Natalie-Kohlhass---The-Holistic-Monitor-Podcast-31-e24jv7qHart, H. (2023, June 19). Hello Anxiety, My Old Friend by Natalie Kohlhaas. n.d. Inmag.com. Accessed June 19, 2023. https://inmag.com/books/hello-anxiety-my-old-friend-natalie-kohlhaas.html.
Natalie Kohlhaas, LPC, NCC, CPCS's Practice location
Peachtree City, GA 30269Get Direction
Get to know Licensed Professional Counselor, Natalie Kohlhaas, who serves patients in Peachtree City, Georgia.
Wearing numerous hats, Natalie is an anxiety specialist, clinical therapist, licensed professional counselor, seminar leader, hypnosis certified trainer, a specialist in brainspotting, a certified supervisor for professional counselors, and a nationally board certified counselor. She proudly serves as the Owner and Clinical Supervisor of Serenity Tree Counseling, based in Peachtree City, Georgia.
Natalie is widely known for her work with anxiety disorders and therapeutic techniques for those clients with whom talk therapy “has failed.” Employing a diverse range of therapeutic modalities, she assists individuals in addressing and shifting emotional residues that might be hindering their progress.
Throughout her academic career, Natalie graduated with degrees in psychology from Emory University, the University of Georgia, Oxford College, and Argosy University. She received her training in clinical hypnotherapy from The Wellness Institute, and has had the opportunity to train under William Glasser, Bessel Van Der Kolk, Daniel Glasser, and David Grand.
In addition to her training, Natalie has worked in a multitude of settings as a clinical psychotherapist, IOP associative director, group leader, executive advisory board member, family services advisor, private practice therapist, business owner, clinical director, teacher, and supervisor.
Her 20+ yrs. of experience adds to her background of specialized services such as hypnotherapy, brainspotting, and cognitive behavioral therapy.
On a professional level, Natalie is a member of the American Counselors Association, the American Hypnosis Association, the Licensed Professional Counselor Association of Georgia, and the National Guild of Hypnotists.
Licensed professional counselor is a licensure for mental health professionals in some countries. A licensed professional counselor is a master’s degree-level mental health service provider, trained to work with individuals, families, and groups in treating mental, behavioral, and emotional problems and disorders.
Dedicated to her profession, Natalie has made her latest book, “Hello Anxiety My Old Friend,” accessible on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Additionally, her online course, available at www.HarnessYourSuperpower.com, serves as a valuable resource for both individuals and their families.
- The Psychological Definition of Relationship
For some people, relationships are the most important aspect of life, and for others not so much. Most relationships are linked with feelings of happiness, so it can cause pain and heartache when something goes wrong in the relationship. In one study done in 2009, it was found that in the UK nearly...
- Why Are Whole Grains so Important for My Health?
Many studies have shown that including more whole grains in one's diet helps to improve health in different ways.Why do you need whole grains?...
- Multiple Sclerosis and Multi-Tasking
Trying to multitask is enough to slow down anyone. However, this twofold action poses an even greater risk to multiple sclerosis (MS) patients: the risk of cognitive impairment. The impairment can be caused by shifting from one task to two tasks, known as the dual-task cost. ...
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- What is the Correlation Between Urinary Incontinence and Diet?
Urinary incontinence can be controlled to a large extent by one's diet, even though there is nothing called an ‘incontinence diet’. Many times doctors advise their patients to avoid a particular food or drink to improve the symptoms of urinary incontinence. These foods may differ depending on...
- Home Remedies for Dry Cough: 10 Ways to Treat Dry Cough Naturally
Whenever there is any blockage or irritant in your throat or upper passage of the airway, the brain sends a signal to your body to get rid of the foreign element by coughing. There are two types of cough, the first one being wet cough and the second is called dry cough. Both are associated with...